Bow out of tune frequently

I just starting doing all of my own bow tuning. I’ve noticed my bow keeps getting out of tune, 3 weeks ago it was shooting bullet holes and bare shaft tuned. Now it’s all out of whack again, no screws are loose and the rest hasn’t moved. It’s a pse decree hd which has a movable draw stop and I see my cams are no longer hitting the stops where I set them a couple weeks ago.

I put new 60x strings (closeout, no warranty) on it 2 months ago. Less than 1000 shots on them. There is some wear on the string, and some on the cables from using my synunm bow press and from the crappy cable slide (now replaces with a Saunders hyperglide). I’m thinking this is all string wear related...worth getting a new set already? Is a little string wear enough to change my tune that significantly? Thanks in advance to the archery gurus...

Unless you tuned it before they all settled in, I'd just get another set of strings. Generally I try to put several hundred shots on a set before tuning even though they shouldn't need it. Just helps to make sure they are done settling in. Could be you have a damaged buss or control cable that is stretching a little. This would take it out of tune. I doubt the complete set is bad, but I don't think you will find a replacement without getting a complete set. But you could try contacting 60x to see, if your able determine that one had lengthened.

Rob5589

WKR
Get some new threads, from a quality builder this time. There isn't really anything else that can be throwing off your tune. Hit up Archeryshack, Buckslayer, Catfish Customs. All great products.

OP
willfrye027
I’ll probably keep shooting these for a couple more months and get some new threads closer to hunting season. I’ll have to try catfish customs. This bow came to me with archeryshack strings...they were so out of spec I couldn’t get the correct brace or ATA and it was impossible to tune. Couldn’t add or subtract enough twists, it was just plain sloppy. So I am avoiding them for now.

MattB

WKR
Your strings/cables are creeping (permanent elongation). Generally a sign of a poor build, poor material, or both.

Zac

WKR
I had horrible timing issues with my old Hoyt Defiant. It chewed up strings like crazy. I went through two America's Best in about two months. I had a set of Threads that worked for an entire year. It only dropped by two pounds by the end of the year. I'm running the Gas Ghost XV on the new VXR, I think it's the best string out there.

OP
willfrye027
Thanks all for the tips. Definitely gonna try some new threads out pretty soon here. This week it’s stayed in tune so I’m hoping they’re done moving on me at least to get me through a few more 3D shoots!

Zac

WKR
Gas is making the Ghost in camo now if you were simply opposed to a white string. Threads are a great string, but I've had both and I believe Gas is a better option.

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
I had an issue like that last summer and fought it all summer long. Long story short it was a bearing in the top cam that was bad.

OP
willfrye027
I had an issue like that last summer and fought it all summer long. Long story short it was a bearing in the top cam that was bad.

I should probably have a good pro shop go through it. As is it, the thing tunes pretty far from centershot which annoys me. It was used and probably abused by the previous owner to it might be a good idea for someone qualified to go through it completely when I get some new strings and when corona blows over.