Bow Hunters….

LostArra

WKR
Yes but I'm 71.
I barely remember 60.
Ike is cheating with that new Lift.

Deer hunting is all archery.
If we happen to strike out on elk in Wyo during bow season or draw multiple tags we will go back during rifle season.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
That’s the whole thing, keeping the muscles in working order…😉
Just keep shooting. That will keep your draw weight up. I'm only 59, but definitely feeling 60+. As my wife says all the time "he's in great shape......for an 80 year old man". LOL

She's not entirely wrong, I've beaten my body to a pulp my whole life, so I feel every second of it these days. I hadn't shot my bow since last September, but took it out earlier this week and shot some. It's set at 71lbs and didn't feel any different than last September. But holy cow......I did some squats the other day, and I feel like I've been in a hospital bed for the past 6 months. Sheesh, talk about atrophy. Makes me think I need to take skiing back up for the winters to keep my legs in shape. I definitely have some work to do between now and September.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Turned 63 a few days ago and planning a Colorado archery elk hunt.
I’ve been shooting 65# for several years now, but it’s the extra weight I’m carrying that is my biggest issue. Very easy to put it on and difficult to get off!

Maxhunter

WKR
I’m 63 and will turn 64 in December. Shoot my bow about everyday. If I can’t handle my current draw weight at 65 as I age I’ll just turn it down. IMO you need to stay in decent shape and don’t do something to hurt yourself. Have to many friends younger than me who have serious shoulder problems and had to have surgery.

Last edited:

Dennis

WKR
Still bowhunting at age 72 and looking forward to this fall archery hunts. I try and shoot most days and enjoy the challenge. My main focus is on archery elk and turkey hunting. Currently shooting a Mathews Lift 33 at 65 lbs.

Spring 2024 turkey
IMG_5207.jpeg

Still bowhunting only for big game. 65# compound. Will be 72 years old this fall.

But I do upland bird hunt with my Vizsla and shotgun.