Bolt lift click

mt100gr.

WKR
Prefit? My gunsmith said different reamers are different diameters. Shine a light into the chamber and see if there are any rings. Does your brass have any etchings on it?
My McGowen prefit had obvious rings in the chamber. And even more obvious rings on my brass.

OP
MuleyFever
Prefit? My gunsmith said different reamers are different diameters. Shine a light into the chamber and see if there are any rings. Does your brass have any etchings on it?
Prefit.

This is the brass from today. Definitely some scuff marks but I don't see a ring pattern.

IMG_20221025_210239884_HDR.jpgIMG_20221025_210230573_HDR.jpg

mt100gr.

WKR
20221025_211329.jpg
This is before I polished - Prime factory ammo brass. 20221025_211111.jpg
Hornady Gap4s brass after 1 round of polishing. 20221025_211551.jpg
ADG brass fired in the chamber's current state and how it'll be for the season. Almost no click, if any, now.

Ucsdryder

WKR
View attachment 467628
This is before I polished - Prime factory ammo brass. View attachment 467632
Hornady Gap4s brass after 1 round of polishing. View attachment 467634
ADG brass fired in the chamber's current state and how it'll be for the season. Almost no click, if any, now.
I’d bet you’ll get clicks after a few more firings. You’re on the same path I went down. I can’t find the pictures of my brass right now but they look similar to yours. Based on that I wouldn’t consider a McGowan prefit.

mt100gr.

WKR
I’d bet you’ll get clicks after a few more firings. You’re on the same path I went down. I can’t find the pictures of my brass right now but they look similar to yours. Based on that I wouldn’t consider a McGowan prefit.
A few more firings on the brass or a few more rounds thru the rifle?? Lol...

Was yours a prefit? McGowen?

I'm not terribly concerned since this was a "project" from the start and I have enjoyed it and learned a lot. But I doubt I'll order another McGowen barrel. I'll tinker some more if it gets worse or just pull the barrel and try another prefit.

BBob

WKR
Do you know if the brass is compromised at all or if I can just resize it like normal if I get the chamber reworked or maybe go with some custom dies?
It will almost assuredly be fine. After the hunt get the back end opened up .002-.003” and you’ll likely be good. Your gunsmith just might want a piece of fired brass and your sizing die. I would.
Mine dont have that distinct ring. Maybe a polish job on the chamber will clear mine up.
I could attempt to go into the permutations of brass to chamber to die fits but I’m not gonna. I will say it’s almost always a chamber that’s too small at the back end that causes these issues.