Blister proof sock recommendations

dtrkyman

WKR
I like darn tough socks but the last pair I bought are crazy tight, I fall right in the sizing chart too.

I have Wrightsock running socks, really nice!

May revisit using a liner sock, had a blister issue with boots this spring I wore all last year without issue!

Vaultman

WKR
A few years back I joined the sock liner club. It defiantly did the trick. I have gone to wearing darn tough socks daily, and did not end up using the liners for last years hunt. They worked great. I have three pair of DT socks and rotate them every day just rinse in shower at night and let dry. Then I wash all three at the end of the week. Has been working for me for almost a year. I was worried that they would be to hot in summer, but they are not bad. (If I worked outdoors or in a hot climate area, I would think twice about it, but they work in the PNW).
I threw away most of my old cotton socks and pretty much wear only DT's. .

Franger

FNG
Engo Patches work a treat, particularly for the heel/achilles interface with the heel pocket of your boot. Look into those for sure.

And pretaping absolutely works. I think the best candidates are fixomull stretch tape, leukotape, and KT Blister tape.

I found the difference between two socks and one sock to be pretty minimal.

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
The injinji toe sock liner socks have done well for me when I’ve needed it.
But I usually just go with leukotape. Soon as any hot spot is felt just stop and tape it. Benzoin tincture on the spot first will make it stay stuck the whole trip.

EdP

WKR
Blister proof socks?? All socks are blister proof as far as I can tell because I've never seen a sock with a blister. Feet get blisters, not socks. Spots on your feet that get rubbed can be protected with Leucotape so that the tape gets rubbed and not your skin. I like liner socks inside out and heavy wool/synthetic blend wool socks on top. The wool and synthetic retains its abilty to cushion even when sweat soaked. I wear my liners inside out to prevent the ridge at the toe line from rubbing the tops of my toes.

dj1975232

Lil-Rokslider
Thin liner socks have helped my under my hiking socks. It's not perfect, and Leuko tape still sometimes makes an appearance, but it helps.