Bleeding

I just finished 5 days of cutting trails in lodgepole jungles. At the end of each day my arms are covered with blood. Every sharp branch end that touches me cuts my thin skin and leaves me leaving a blood trail. How do you gents deal with this?

Same here just got bad from a few days at my camp in AL. Working on atvs, cabin and in the woods. Arms look like they got put through a wood chipper. I’m on blood thinners so even worse. I think long sleeves are a good start. Also I need to pay more attention to where I stick my arms. My arm cant be used like a pry bar anymore. If I do it will have blood blister or bruise. I’m learning to move gear to get to gear rather than jam my arm between two coolers to get something out. I’m also learning that busting around in thistle thickets is going to yield a ton of blood. With each year I’m finding work arounds.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I went through this a couple of weeks ago elk hunting. Busting overgrown trails with different kinds of vegetation.......a couple of us looked like axe murderers.
It was warm out so I had my sleeves rolled up but long sleeves are the way to go. No issues then.

Randy20240914_130517.jpg20240914_130510.jpg

OP
P
I'm going to look into kevlar sleeves used in mining. They are common in underground operations especially in sharp rocks. They might provide the protection without the heat retention.