Blaser R8 in a Rokstok survey

Would you commit to buying a Rokstok for your Blaser R8 Professional?

• Total voters

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
Are there extended mag options or are you stuck with 4 rounds on the professional model?
No extended mags. 2-5 rounds depending on the cartridge.

That said, the trigger groups come out so you can have a second loaded and pop it in when needed.

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
I have been asking when we can order a “custom” barrel with fast twists…I think it will be coming soon but not this year. Apparently the Europeans can already get the custom twists…
I had 2 barrels made for cartridges that Blaser doesn’t make. Was able to get whatever twist I wanted, length, profile, fluting, threaded, etc. About 1k each.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Are there extended mag options or are you stuck with 4 rounds on the professional model?
One of the strengths of the R8 system is that the trigger (excellent btw) sits beneath the magazine.

This effectively shortens the overall length of the rifle by 4” compared to another rifle with same length barrel.

Mojave

WKR
I do not understand why a professional S would not work.

The action geometry is the same.

Mojave

WKR
A carbon fiber option for another stock would be a great step forward. The rokstock would not be my first choice, but if it could be done for the rock stock it would be great to have another option at some point.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
I do not understand why a professional S would not work.

The action geometry is the same.
Maybe you’re smarter than I am on R&R of Pro S stock.

Would it be EXACTLY the same as the Professional?

If so, then I guess it would work.

Mojave

WKR
Yep, it is the same. It would work. There are so few S stocks, I can't imagine it will be a problem.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
My Krieghoff dealer in TX has a guy that will do the machining to put a fast twist 223 barrel on a barrel extension from factory or the one that BjornF16 posted from Akila.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Rough numbers - what’s my all-in to start from scratch to build a Blaser to fit in a Blaser Rokstok?
You can buy new components at Cove Creek Outfitters or EuroOptic. Otherwise look for used deals on internet.

Stock/receiver (new) - $2,000
Barrel (standard profile) - $1350
Bolt housing - $500
Bolt head - $432
Scope mount - $275 (Innomount)

The Blaser R8 is a switch barrel system.

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
You can buy new components at Cove Creek Outfitters or EuroOptic. Otherwise look for used deals on internet.

Stock/receiver (new) - $2,000
Barrel (standard profile) - $1350
Bolt housing - $500
Bolt head - $432
Scope mount - $275 (Innomount)

The Blaser R8 is a switch barrel system.
Yep. Would look for a used stock receiver. Have seen for as low as 1k. Will need receiver to remove and go into new rokstock.

I would be in for one! Having UM make R8 barrels would be awesome as well!

It's definitely niche, but there's riches in niches, too. Would be great to have someone of their skill and track record crack into the Blaser barreling space. Seems like it's fairly wide-open, and they're already well-positioned to be known to the types of people interested both in specialized cartridges and Blasers, or at least wouldn't require much in the way of validating themselves. And, frankly, it's a market segment with the money to back up their tastes and desires.