Black bears in NC are pretty smart

HAB wouldnt know bear/wildlife management if it jumped up and bit them in ass. For the record letting it sit on your porch so you can take photos for your virtue signaling is way more harmful to the individual bear than a collar with a sticker on it. As long as HAB views the data gathered from the current tracking project as "worthless" they dont belong in a grown up conversation, especially one dealing with wildlife management.

Probably a local biologist monkeying with all the granola folks in that area...lol

HAB wouldnt know bear/wildlife management if it jumped up and bit them in ass. For the record letting it sit on your porch so you can take photos for your virtue signaling is way more harmful to the individual bear than a collar with a sticker on it. As long as HAB views the data gathered from the current tracking project as "worthless" they dont belong in a grown up conversation, especially one dealing with wildlife management.

Probably a local biologist monkeying with all the granola folks in that area...lol

Same group that wants Amazon to stop selling traps because they’ve seen bears missing paws and think it’s because of that. Even my little hippie wife who grew up min Asheville shakes her head at what it has become. So glad we ended up in Haywood and not Buncombe when we moved up there.

Same group that wants Amazon to stop selling traps because they’ve seen bears missing paws and think it’s because of that. Even my little hippie wife who grew up min Asheville shakes her head at what it has become. So glad we ended up in Haywood and not Buncombe when we moved up there.
Yep that's the group...what they dont realize is there are so many bears here now they are getting hit by cars much more frequently.

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider
As a North Carolina resident, I do shake my head at the folks over in Asheville! When they passed the bill saying they are going to pay restitution to Blacks for them being slaves all them years ago, I lost all hope!

CJohnson

WKR
Easy there...trapping is still legal in NC so is hunting with dogs...it may be Asheville but its Asheville, North Carolina. In the mountains the squeaky wheel dont always get the grease. Sometimes it's best to just let it get hot and burn itself out.

I wouldn't dare compare the entire state to Asheville. Most other places in NC keep up with their personal hygiene fairly well. My parents live in Brevard and they love to go see the "sights" downtown occasionally. I usually get dragged up there once a year for something, but otherwise tend to steer clear.

goodorbit

Lil-Rokslider
But wait, it just gets weirder...