.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

Split necks have nothing to do with the loads you are using, it is entirely due to your reloading practices, chamber tolerances, and the quality of the brass
Damn...I need to get my shit together.

Most of mine (LC) usually seem to get split necks within, I'm guessing, 10 or so loadings, though I don't keep close track. This may be due to the brass, or more likely, the loads I run through them.

Damn...I need to get my shit together.

Most of mine (LC) usually seem to get split necks within, I'm guessing, 10 or so loadings, though I don't keep close track. This may be due to the brass, or more likely, the loads I run through them.
Ya I'm not pushing the limits of pressure. I've ran pretty much the same load of cci450s, r15, 75amax in 6 different 223ai barrels now. Speeds are from 2950-3100 depending on barrel length. I've had 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, and 26" 223ai's.

Brazo264

FNG
I have way over 30 on my lapua 223 and still fine, 10-12 on hornady CM and necks are starting to split

I have several lots of RP and lapua that have been through multiple 223ai barrels over the years that are at 25+ firings. I do anneal them every now and then.
I’d be interested to hear both of your reloading process for 223, I’m just starting out and that’s impressive!

I've been following this thread for some time and I really wanted to go Model seven or model 700 sa but just can't turn anything up. Finally handled a tikka and I really like them although I didn't want to. Anyhow, I'm collecting components and will have a rifle soon. Have Norma brass and 400 more 77tmks on the way.
Still have dies, shell holders, bullet comparators to get but I'm on my way.

Careful with your pressure, cci 400s are pretty soft in the cup

Robobiss

Lil-Rokslider
Party is ready to get started this year after archery is over.

Put together a .223 Wylde gas gun and a nice little 8 twist T3X Lite in .223 with a 16” barrel (lipseys exclusive maybe? Can’t find it on the tikka site) just came in the mail. Funny looking rifle with the 16” barrel

Tahr

Lil-Rokslider
I biff my 223 brass when the primer pockets get loose-like the primer might drop out. Max loads in bolt guns and they seem to last forever. Never anneal or trim for length. Multiple loads but don’t count them. Mixed brands - no particular preference. Fire maybe 500 a year and only recall a couple of partial split necks. Been doing this for 50 years. You guys worry too much.