Bitcoin

fmyth

WKR
Are you familiar with the topic, or adept at Google and C&P?
I'm certainly no expert. I do have a friend who is the chief of internet security for a major research university and he was the first person to bring this threat to my attention.

Are you an expert on quantum computing and its potential threat to the blockchain?

fmyth

WKR
My son bought bitcoin years ago to buy stuff on a online video game he played . He had 7 left, All of this purchase was "online" and his laptop crashed and he lost his memory stick with the data. He had no way too get back into get access to his bitcoins. The data was not retrievable. To this day he wines about it. I would too.
My sons biz partner bought his wife a blender with 4 BTC back in 2012. He was so excited to find a website that accepted BTC as payment.

I'm certainly no expert. I do have a friend who is the chief of internet security for a major research university and he was the first person to bring this threat to my attention.

Are you an expert on quantum computing and its potential threat to the blockchain?

Nope.

IBen

WKR
FAE5899B-A084-4AEF-8950-CB5F2C7D149F.jpeg
Does anyone know why the btc price is higher when you go to buy it and lower when you go to sell it. This is on coinbase, 2% difference

View attachment 688045
Does anyone know why the btc price is higher when you go to buy it and lower when you go to sell it. This is on coinbase, 2% difference

Yeah that’s the Coinbase effect, they get their fees, one way to get around it is by setting a buy order, I believe it has to be 1-2% below current price.

You can also try other exchanges, kracken, swan btc.

I don’t like it so I try to set buy orders but when it dips sometimes the smash buy happens haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully the sky keeps falling. I’d love BTC down around $53K. ETH around $2500. But I won’t get my hopes too high. SOL has absolutely no chill.

Once Jim Cramer says “I told you so, get out while you can,” launch your life savings in.

29 days to halving. It doesn’t repeat, but it’s rhymed up to this point. Last halving we went sideways for 3 months before it took off (we also had peak Covid fear and no ETF).

What’s latest opinion? Reading the news the sky is falling but hard to say what’s reliable. So strangers on a forum seem like the next best place to turn!

Haha well it appears GBTC is selling off heavily. I always thought it was odd they set their fees so high. We knew they had to sell some btc for genesis, it appears how ever someone with large bags are selling…maybe Blackrock… the etfs have taken in around 450k btc in the last 49 days. GBTC alone has dumped 200k in the same timeframe.

If you’re looking for a place for data trying Invest Answers on YT. Imo it’s one of the best places to get data from.

I’ll be buying so if it comes down great.

Hopefully the sky keeps falling. I’d love BTC down around $53K. ETH around $2500. But I won’t get my hopes too high. SOL has absolutely no chill.

Once Jim Cramer says “I told you so, get out while you can,” launch your life savings in.

29 days to halving. It doesn’t repeat, but it’s rhymed up to this point. Last halving we went sideways for 3 months before it took off (we also had peak Covid fear and no ETF).

I’ve been real happy with SOL, always want more but I’m in a good spot, still buying btw. All of my SOL ecosystem plays are doing very well also.

TX_Diver

WKR
What’s a good place to figure out the differences between all the alternate coins?

Hear a lot about SOL and ETH which appear to be “legit” coins and also others like doge that appear to be largely meme based but some people have made actual money with them too?

How do you guys evaluate if another coin is worth buying?

Can I create a rokcoin and have its value equate to a swfa 6x or a 77gr tmk?

fmyth

WKR
It appears that a failed spread trade on the 15th by a hedge fund resulted in over a billion dollars in losses and started the sell off:

“Apparently a fund blew out $1b+ on the MSTR-BTC spread trade today. They covered into the close which is why BTC dumped and MSTR premium went to the highs. PNL pocketed by based Saylor and will be put back into BTC.”

Yesterday MSTR announced another huge BTC purchase:

MicroStrategy (MSTR), software firm and "bitcoin development company", has purchased another 9,245 bitcoins (BTC) for $623 million or about $67,400 per coin, according to a filing on Tuesday.

I'm still buying daily.