Bino Harness/Pouch

bbrown

WKR
The FHF looks much bulkier than the KUIU. Is that true or are they similar in size?
The FHF is a bit wider and deeper but a bit shorter in height. I do think the FHF feels a bit bulkier but not enough to be a problem. Other than the straps - or lack of - the other thing about the Kuiu harness I did not like was the soft fleece material inside would grab the rubber coating on my vipers and make it hard to get them in/out.

OP
V

vj88

FNG
Interesting. I keep going back on the FHF and kuiu and am leaning towards the FHF....

bbrown

WKR
I'd say pick up both so you can try them both side by side and decide for yourself. You can easily resale the one you decide is not for you - that's what I did and was able to recoup almost all my money back other than shipping.

idig4au

WKR
I've used the FHF system for two years for my 12x50 Swaro EL's. Its a very good system and generally happy with it. In my opinion, its far better than some of the cases you find at your local sporting good stores. I had Paul custom make me one with a full enclosure on the lid so the bino's are fully protected from the elements. Mine is essentially a prototype.

My gripes:
1)The webbing on the harness could be a little wider to help support the weight of the heavier bino's, but not a show stopper by any means.

2)sometimes I forget to latch the hook and loop when moving between glassing sites and my bino's fall out of the case and dangle by the straps if I bend over when I sit down. Happens every time I don't latch the hook and loop. A couple of times my bino smacked rocks and once I suffered a direct hit to my crown jewels. I really don't like this aspect of the case.

3)Its a bit noisy when cold or if you are crawling around the rocks glassing.

I too am in search of the perfect bino case and for the upcoming season I will try out the Kuiu case. I don't have much experience with it yet to comment in detail, but I do like the better support its webbing provides based on the few hours I've had it on over the FHF. Time will tell if I like the overall system better than the FHF case.

simpy16

FNG
I had the badlands No zip for my 10x42 monarchs and liked it but at times it felt Too big for the binos and I never liked the hydration mesh stuffed in the pouch on the back, also it was fine for range and distance rifle but was loud if you were not careful closing it.

I recently bought the KUIU and at first look I was scared I made the wrong choice, it seemed really hard one handed and the bottom half would fall down and when setting up there was a lot of straps everywhere. I got a new set of Binos and decided to spend time getting the fit dialed in and then take care if the extra webbing. I really like it now and t feels like it isn't there, once I tightened it up the bottom doesn't move any longer and it is easy to operate one handed. I also like he lack of extra straps to the bag from the top of the shoulders because it would be too bulky and busy this way. I didn't have the heart to cut the webbing cuz I am kinda skinny and wanted to resell maybe in the future but I just rolled up the webbing and put some tape around it to keep it in place and you can't tell it's there.

I also have a few FHF products and really like them, quality is great, I met Paul to get my stuff as I live in the same town but my only concern with the bino harness was the flap that would get in the way I worried. This rangefinder and lanyard are awesome though and I will probably buy a bear spray holster for this fall.

Retterath

WKR
just got the hfh bino system and rf case with it for my new 10x42 swaros and love it. email paul and he will help you out with the size mine was a regular that was he said fit good with the swaro's

Stid2677

WKR
Great product made in the USA by a great guy. Been using them for years and have bought them as gifts for many family and friends.

P8060073.jpg

P8060074.jpg

P8060077.jpg

P8110369.jpg

P8110400.jpg

Another pleased FHF user. Shoot a lot of 3D using this system and will be using it Sunday shooting IBO. I must be missing something, as the FHF seems quite compact(Medium) and sits very snug. No flopping around. Rides very solid and stays in place.

I am not opposed to extra gear riding up front and the Alaska system seems very nice. I could handle some essentials in a bino rig. But if size and compactness are a priority, they don't look even close.

tenth1

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using the old model, regular size Alaska Guide Creations. A bit bulky, but I love to have my binos, range finder, gps, tags, extra revolver speed loaders, extra rifle rounds, etc. close at hand. Not to mention it works great with a shoulder holster and my pack. I have zero issues shooting the ol long bow with it tied onto me.

LostArra

WKR
Another pleased FHF user. Shoot a lot of 3D using this system and will be using it Sunday shooting IBO. I must be missing something, as the FHF seems quite compact(Medium) and sits very snug. No flopping around. Rides very solid and stays in place.

I am not opposed to extra gear riding up front and the Alaska system seems very nice. I could handle some essentials in a bino rig. But if size and compactness are a priority, they don't look even close.

I sound like a broken record but AGC does make a compact model. I've got the Medium and it works well with SLC-HD 8x42. Zero interference with longbow shooting.

I just got one in reg. size from Alaska Guide Creations.I have not had a chance to hunt with it yet but it looks like it will work out real well.The guy is very good to work with.
Tim

Kotaman

WKR
I have both the FHF and the KUIU harnesses. I find myself using the KUIU harnes 99% of the time. Quite simply, I just like the material better. Most people have pointed out the advantages and disadvantages of both, neither is perfect, but both are good.

russ_outdoors

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using the Kuiu since last fall with great results. No slippage here and the material is great for bow hunting. I run a pair of 42mm binos and the Kuiu handles the weight very well. With the binos secure in the pouch there is no bounce while hiking. While some dislike that it doesn't have the top strap, I have never found it lacking. I had the FHF penciled in for option #2 in case I didn't like the Kuiu but never made it that far.