Bino Harness Choice?

Marsupial. No issues. Magnet does interfere with a real compass. Mine is older so doesn't have some of the newer features. I use the rangefinder pouch too. Pockets hold calls ad licenses and a spare rangefinder battery. Id like to try the T&K if I ever tire of this one. South Dakota based outfit. Gotta support the home area!!!

kthomas

FNG
I really like my Marsupial non-magnetic harness.

Great quality, well designed. Definitely agree with other users in that it's "minimalist". The side pockets aren't very usable, and the front pocket only has room for very small items.

If you don't need to store much beyond your binos, the Marsupial harness is a great product. I love mine.

jonboy

FNG
My binoculars fell out of a Badlands harness twice. So that’s a no for me. Others may have better luck. I’m thinking FHF now.

I am also in the market for a new one. Wondering if the marsupial can fit a phone in the main pouch as well? Using the badlands currently and like the mesh pocket on the inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I put my iphone in the mesh pocket behind the main pocket.

lintond

WKR
I really like my Marsupial non-magnetic harness.

Great quality, well designed. Definitely agree with other users in that it's "minimalist". The side pockets aren't very usable, and the front pocket only has room for very small items.

If you don't need to store much beyond your binos, the Marsupial harness is a great product. I love mine.

Same as here.

I add a side pocket on my left side similar to RF on the right to hold a few items. I prefer most of my stuff in my pack.

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone running the Eberlestock Recon?

I am and I love it, I have the vortex Viper 10x50 in it with a Revic BR4 in its case on the right, a pouch on the left and the sunglass case on the bottom. I keep the bino mount with an arca plate in the sunglass case for tripod mounting and a lens cleaner in the left pouch.

Rathmatik

Lil-Rokslider
I am running the Eberlestock Recon too, it's been awesome so far. I have the rangefinder, utility, and quickcase pouches and it all stays well in place and doesn't flop around thanks to the molle attachments. It's lightweight and easy to throw on pretty quick. I'm also using a Viper HD 10x50 and the Viper Diamondback rangefinder, and have been able to stick my phone in the utility pouch while stationary.

Edit: I might snag the handwarmer attachment before Whitetail season.

Amand

FNG
I have been running a FHF one for years with the extra rangefinder pocket but am looking at trying out the marsupial soon.

11boo

WKR
IMG_5496.jpeg
This works for me. HPG bag and medium bino pouch. Even though I don’t carry a pistol when I have a rifle, I just use it all the time.

KingGus

WKR
Classified Approved
Check out the binobro offering, Made in USA and the lightest I could find. The opening opens forward as any good pouch should

I’ve used a badlands mag bino harness for years, I’ve tried a few others but stay with this as my preference, fully enclosed quiet to open and close and very slim. Main downside is very little room to carry anything else but then again they invented pockets for a reason. They recently redesigned a lot of their harnesses so I can’t speak to those but there are some good close out deals on the legacy models now.

I tried Outdoor Vision and liked it. Tried Sitka and liked it as well. Both were functional but, had minor things that were irritating to me and made me keep looking. I now use the Marsupial enclosed pack and will look no further. I've used it in driving snow, sleet, rain, crawling thru sagebrush etc and it just works. I like the fit because it stays in place. The lid stay open or closed depending, and when closed it keeps moisture and dust from my optics. I carry my cell on the back side, in the mesh pocket which is secure. I have an extra pouch that my rangefinder fits in. Works for me.

GPATTI

WKR
I'm using the Outdoor Vision bino harness. For the most part I really like it. It's simple, and keeps a relatively low profile. I like the low profile for archery hunting.I really like the front open feature that stays open with magnets. As you still hunt through timber, having an open feature is pretty handy. The big con to this harness is the closure. The magnets that keep the top closed aren't strong enough, and with the right amount of bounce, the top opens. They just need a clip or safety buckle to keep it securely shut when not needed. The material could be a little more water resistant, but does come with a stroreable rainfly that secures in a bottom zip compartment. All in all, I think it's a great harness.
The current version has been upgraded with stronger magnets and a feature that secures the top to eliminate the issue mentioned above......fyi

GPATTI

WKR
Great post, I’ve had FHF(3x), currently have an outdoor vision. Really been looking at the Kuiu pro to get away from magnets and think it would ride nice and high/ stay closed. Staying closed when moving quick/jumping is my only complaint with outdoor vision
The current version of the Outdoor Vision does have improved magnets and a feature that secures to mitigate the "staying closed" issue...fyi.

bow_hiker

FNG
I used to run an AGC with the small pocket on the bottom. Loved it. Lost it at a trail head and replaced it with a Marsupial. It's good but I miss my old AGC. My biggest knock is the magnets throw off my compass. But looking at the new AGC they went to a similar design. That speaks volumes to what people want.

Lkellogg

FNG
I’d like to hear everyone’s opinion on Bino Harnesses. Which one are you running? Why did you choose it?

I have the KUIU Pro.

Pros:

High quality.
Like that it’s made out of a rain proof material.
Light weight
Comfortable harness straps

Cons:

Not as quiet as they claim
Useless front pocket
Side sleeves are hard to get things into example, wind checker
Nothing to hold the lid open (magnet)

Tell me what you have. I’m entertaining trying something new.

Thanks!

Get a marsupial and you will never look back. I had the kuiu one and then upgraded to marsupial and it has the same weight/comfort, imo is easier to take on/off, magnet system is fantastic top and bottom, handy pockets front and back and sides. They’re also an American manufactured owned and operated business.

Mag_7s

WKR
The current version has been upgraded with stronger magnets and a feature that secures the top to eliminate the issue mentioned above......fyi
Awesome. They pretty much nailed it for my needs then. Thanks for the update!

The current version of the Outdoor Vision does have improved magnets and a feature that secures to mitigate the "staying closed" issue...fyi.
I have seen that, very happy with the rest of it and like that now it’s not so boxy(version 2). Would like to see it vs kifaru vs t&k I know not all similar, but what I’ve settled into for choices.