Bino Harness Choice?

trad_zk85

Lil-Rokslider
I’d like to hear everyone’s opinion on Bino Harnesses. Which one are you running? Why did you choose it?

I have the KUIU Pro.

Pros:

High quality.
Like that it’s made out of a rain proof material.
Light weight
Comfortable harness straps

Cons:

Not as quiet as they claim
Useless front pocket
Side sleeves are hard to get things into example, wind checker
Nothing to hold the lid open (magnet)

Tell me what you have. I’m entertaining trying something new.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried a marsupial, its a real nice harness but it to had a small front pocket, and the sode pockets are tought to use quickly, and i had to get a seperate range finder pouch. If you like minimal stuff on your bino harness its great.
My personal favorite is the AGC with a max pocket cause i can fit a ton of stuff in it and still be able to shoot. I keep my inreach, a head lamp, my hand held eelease, a small compass a multi tool, wind checker, ribbon, my liscence and chap stick in it comfortably. But it eill be a little bulkier than a marsupial and i am perfectly ok with it personally.

Mag_7s

WKR
I'm using the Outdoor Vision bino harness. For the most part I really like it. It's simple, and keeps a relatively low profile. I like the low profile for archery hunting.I really like the front open feature that stays open with magnets. As you still hunt through timber, having an open feature is pretty handy. The big con to this harness is the closure. The magnets that keep the top closed aren't strong enough, and with the right amount of bounce, the top opens. They just need a clip or safety buckle to keep it securely shut when not needed. The material could be a little more water resistant, but does come with a stroreable rainfly that secures in a bottom zip compartment. All in all, I think it's a great harness.

Sammymusi

WKR
I have the Rick young as well and love it , just wanted something more to protect my binos and the marsupial was what I was needing to complete my archery life

KenLee

WKR
I have the Rick young as well and love it , just wanted something more to protect my binos and the marsupial was what I was needing to complete my archery life
Pre really cold weather, I put my zip up top layer on after the harness and zip up past bino when they might need a little protection.

I’ve ran many different harness through the years bandlands, Sitka, Alaska guides ect. The one I ended up loving was the marsupial. It’s sleek has good strong magnets and I love to look of it and the attachments it offers. Someone could say just about all the same things for the harnesses they like, but a lot of them all come down to personal preference these days.

OP
trad_zk85

trad_zk85

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve ran many different harness through the years bandlands, Sitka, Alaska guides ect. The one I ended up loving was the marsupial. It’s sleek has good strong magnets and I love to look of it and the attachments it offers. Someone could say just about all the same things for the harnesses they like, but a lot of them all come down to personal preference these days.

Marsupial seems like a front runner. My buddies have them. Super compact and clean design. I think that’s the route I’m going to take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve only ever used the AGC ones. No idea if there’s anything better or how it would be better but I’ve never seen any reason to switch.
Same here.
I have two AGC packs, for different sized glass, each with the Max pocket. Plenty of room and storage for my range finder and various small essentials, without being bulky. I like that the full coverage lid protects my optics from weather and dirt. They're also very comfortable and quiet.
It's a piece of kit that I never have to think or worry about. Like they say, if it ain't broke....

Hausser

FNG
I as well use the Kuiu Pro harness, I am not a fan of it. Difficult to get my Leica Geovid in or out. I am on the hunt for a new bino harness.

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
I was 99% sold on getting a Stone Glacier because of its minimalist design, but then saw someone on here selling a Miley Freak Stealth bino harness, which is basically a Stone Glacier knock off, but it has a larger front pocket that can fit my range finder. I love having my range finder in front of the binos and not added onto the side in a separate pouch. I do run smaller binos, but even with the range finder in front, it still doesn't get in the way of my bowstring.

djsamaha

FNG
Sitka pro harness leaves some to be desired.

Con: Doesn't fit a 38" chest with modest 30 deg weather layering. Straps do not sufficiently distribute weight with bino, RF, and other minimal gear for long miles.
Pro: Has enough pockets to keep all your stuff where you want it. Doesn't get too hot.

Marsupial will most likely suit your needs if it’s mostly used as a bin harness. Not too much room or pockets for other items. The side and back pockets aren’t too useful but I have the add on pounces that are good. It’s compact and comfortable.

Great post, I’ve had FHF(3x), currently have an outdoor vision. Really been looking at the Kuiu pro to get away from magnets and think it would ride nice and high/ stay closed. Staying closed when moving quick/jumping is my only complaint with outdoor vision