Bino Harness Choice?

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
I have the outdoor vision as well. I never had a problem with the lid opening with 8x42 vipers, but my 10x42 meostars are too heavy and the lid pops open while crawling. Anyone have better luck with a different harness on the meostars? Prefer minimalist design, agc is too bulky for my preference

I’ve tried many. Kuiu Pro is the only one that made it to a second season, though it’s still not perfect.

Marsupial would be my choice for a magnetic closure if you don’t mind that. I don’t like their non magnetic design.

The second gen outdoor vision is a great harness so far, more streamlined than the marsupial, much quieter getting binos in and out, and I think they are the most comfortable on the market. I liked the gen 1 but it was boxy, their second gen is on point

I have the outdoor vision as well. I never had a problem with the lid opening with 8x42 vipers, but my 10x42 meostars are too heavy and the lid pops open while crawling. Anyone have better luck with a different harness on the meostars? Prefer minimalist design, agc is too bulky for my preference
Yeah I have the 12x50 razors pops open when jumping across a creek, crawl, etc. I have looked at the second gen when I get 12x42 NLs or Kuiu pros

Yeah I have the 12x50 razors pops open when jumping across a creek, crawl, etc. I have looked at the second gen when I get 12x42 NLs or Kuiu pros
The 12x42 NL is what rides in my OV gen 2. I had some kowa genesis 10.5x44 in my gen 1 and they would occasionally pop open like you mentioned, jumping a creek or something, but it won’t happen with the gen 2, they are as secure as any.

The couple things I didn’t like about the gen 1 were addressed with the gen 2. I had my NL in a kuiu pro and marsupial, both squeaky with the NL and the marsupial was really squeaky… the OV is silent in and out

They did a good job refining their harness

The new fhf looks good too, as well as the catamount, but I’m happy with what I have, so I’m keeping the OV for the foreseeable future

Drenalin

WKR
I've used AGC, Outdoor Vision, and FHF and didn't have a problem with any of them. I always come back to the Rick Young harness though. Binos on my chest, rangefinder and wind checker in my right hip belt pouch.

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
Last year I got the Eberlestock bino harness to fit a pair of Vortex Viper 10x50 binos and I use it pretty much every time I go out into the woods whether it’s walking the dog at a local park or spending the day outdoors up at hunting camp.

When I was looking my main criteria was that the top had to open away from me, I previously used the standard vortex pouch that came with the binoculars and the fact that it open towards me was a pain as it was always in the way. The Eberlestock ones open away and use a magnet for closure, it’s quiet and I have yet to have it accidentally open.

For extras I picked up the bottom sunglass case and one of the side pockets that I mounted on the left side. On the right side I have a Revic rangefinder mounted in its standard case as the magnets on the Eberlestock version would mess with compass in the rangefinder. The bottom pouch I keep a tripod adaptor for the binos as well as a cleaning cloth for the lenses. The side pocket carries anything from my keys to mags to multi tools to whatever other small objects I need depending on the trip.

The harness itself is well made and I have never been fatigued while wearing it and haven’t had any issues adjusting it to best fit me based on the clothing I’m wearing.

Overall I’ve been very happy with my purchase and would recommend anyone to take a look at it and decide it it meets their criteria.

OP
trad_zk85

trad_zk85

Lil-Rokslider
Great post, I’ve had FHF(3x), currently have an outdoor vision. Really been looking at the Kuiu pro to get away from magnets and think it would ride nice and high/ stay closed. Staying closed when moving quick/jumping is my only complaint with outdoor vision

I have the KUIU pro if you want to buy one and save some money. Brown one. Large
75561b7202280e1c35b8d9746bef07ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
trad_zk85

trad_zk85

Lil-Rokslider
Last year I got the Eberlestock bino harness to fit a pair of Vortex Viper 10x50 binos and I use it pretty much every time I go out into the woods whether it’s walking the dog at a local park or spending the day outdoors up at hunting camp.

When I was looking my main criteria was that the top had to open away from me, I previously used the standard vortex pouch that came with the binoculars and the fact that it open towards me was a pain as it was always in the way. The Eberlestock ones open away and use a magnet for closure, it’s quiet and I have yet to have it accidentally open.

For extras I picked up the bottom sunglass case and one of the side pockets that I mounted on the left side. On the right side I have a Revic rangefinder mounted in its standard case as the magnets on the Eberlestock version would mess with compass in the rangefinder. The bottom pouch I keep a tripod adaptor for the binos as well as a cleaning cloth for the lenses. The side pocket carries anything from my keys to mags to multi tools to whatever other small objects I need depending on the trip.

The harness itself is well made and I have never been fatigued while wearing it and haven’t had any issues adjusting it to best fit me based on the clothing I’m wearing.

Overall I’ve been very happy with my purchase and would recommend anyone to take a look at it and decide it it meets their criteria.

The Recon I would assume?

Love my Stone Glacier harness! Non mag, quiet, adjustable for small to large binos, light and water proof!

gdiemer

WKR
I've been happy with my Marsupial, I run it with the rangefinder pouch and small accessory pouch and it seems to fit everything I'd like it too. Only complaint is the side pockets are pretty tight for a windcheck but over time they've gradually stretched a little to where its not much of an issue

OP
trad_zk85

trad_zk85

Lil-Rokslider
To anyone that noticed a comment of mine offering my KUIU pro, I sold it.

Elite

WKR
I am also in the market for a new one. Wondering if the marsupial can fit a phone in the main pouch as well? Using the badlands currently and like the mesh pocket on the inside

Gregt9146

FNG
I just bought the Muley Freak, i havent really had a chance to use it but i do like the 2 side pouches on how they come off and reattach, and that it has a bullet carrier built in . I also like how the lid doesnt have magnets and how easy it is to adjust the tension on the lid

tony

WKR
I don’t have this one but I just saw one and really like the design. Anybody use it?
I have the version before this one. Black Orvis was clearing them out for $50.-60.00.
Set of Kowa BD 10x42 fit great. If you can find the older one, it’s a great deal. Seems to have every thing the big dollar ones have.
I just put a Rick Young on a new set of BD 6.5s. That damn thing is genius!