Bino Decision One pair of 10x42 ELs or two pairs of Meoptas

IslandBoi

FNG
Optics noob going with the buy once cry once can't decide between getting exclusively the EL 10x42mm for $1811 or the Meopta Meopro Air HDED+ 8x42 and Meopta Meostar 15x56 HD B1 PLUS combo for a combined cost of $2431. I will be spending a decent amount of time looking for black tails in thick dark timber and glassing 300yards-1.8 miles for black bear and black tail in clear cuts and on the edges of timber. I will be glassing often around first and last light.

Not sure if I would fair better off with the ELs alone for $1811 or the meopta combo for $2431

What would some of you guys with a lot of experience using binos for hunting in this situation prefer?

Wrench

WKR
If those are on par or better than the previous meopta offerings.....you'll be covering all of the bases with them. I keep a pair of the older meopta 10x42's around for truck bins and they never disappoint.

I have no experience with the meopro glass but own the 10x42 els and have owned the meostar 15x56.

I currently run the 10x42 el and slc15x56hd combo. Both are outstanding.

Personally I recommend the 10x42 els and get a good tripod and head to mount them on. Without a solid mount you will never experience the game finding potential of alpha glass. If you feel you need more horsepower in your system by all means get the 15s.

OP
I

IslandBoi

FNG
I have no experience with the meopro glass but own the 10x42 els and have owned the meostar 15x56.

I currently run the 10x42 el and slc15x56hd combo. Both are outstanding.

Personally I recommend the 10x42 els and get a good tripod and head to mount them on. Without a solid mount you will never experience the game finding potential of alpha glass. If you feel you need more horsepower in your system by all means get the 15s.
could you spot deer 1.5 miles away with the 10x ELs in most situations with a tripod??

TBarron

WKR
You can probably find a good deal on some 12x50 ELs. That would cover the need for the 15s better and can still use them without a tripod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beauty of tripod mounted alpha glass is edge to edge clarity of your field of view. When your optic is rock solid mounted any slight movement in your field of view jumps out at you.

15x glass on a pod is awesome for finding game but unless you get good alpha class 15s your edge to edge clarity will suffer greatly. I guess my point is greater magnification does not always mean better resolution.

OP
I

IslandBoi

FNG
The beauty of tripod mounted alpha glass is edge to edge clarity of your field of view. When your optic is rock solid mounted any slight movement in your field of view jumps out at you.

15x glass on a pod is awesome for finding game but unless you get good alpha class 15s your edge to edge clarity will suffer greatly. I guess my point is greater magnification does not always mean better resolution.
TY I think I will go with the 10x42 ELs and get a 15x optic later if I feel it necessary. Were you impressed with the 15x56 meoptas?

OP
I

IslandBoi

FNG
You can probably find a good deal on some 12x50 ELs. That would cover the need for the 15s better and can still use them without a tripod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't find any of them at a great price here in Canada, those seem like another great choice though

TY I think I will go with the 10x42 ELs and get a 15x optic later if I feel it necessary. Were you impressed with the 15x56 meoptas?
The meostar 15s are fantastic. On par with the slc hds. Ive owned several pairs of each going back and forth trying to make up my mind. It came down to ergonomics for me. View is pretty similar between the 2

OP
I

IslandBoi

FNG
The meostar 15s are fantastic. On par with the slc hds. Ive owned several pairs of each going back and forth trying to make up my mind. It came down to ergonomics for me. View is pretty similar between the 2
appreciate all the info, thx.