Best Treestands

rccordrey

FNG
I went from the treesaddle to the aero hunter. It's the lightest see up I could find. Might want to check out saddlehunter forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reload

Lil-Rokslider
XOP Stands

I just ordered an XOP silver series hang-on from Jet.com for $134 dollars. I've always been a fan of the Lone Wolf stands myself, but their price increase since D'Acquisto sold his company scares me. D'Aquisto, the originator of the Lone Wolf stand is making the XOP and the above stand is over $100 cheaper than the Alpha. Same platform size as the Alpha and a better cushioned seat. Check em out, I think you would be satisfied!

OP
F
I have looked at XOP. I like the design of their sticks. I already own a Lone Wolf and really have no reason to switch.

Has anyone ever sat in a tree just using a climbing harness? I used to use a Tree Saddle but I found that I wasn't much lighter than my small lone wolf once I added all the other junk I have to take. I've often thought if I could sit comfortable in my black diamond harness that I'd actually be getting ahead in regards to weight.

rccordrey

FNG
Use mine exclusively. You trade off a little comfort for mobility. For me the tree saddle type stand works best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
With seasons right around the corner I have been thinking about treestands. What do you all think are the best stands that are available, light weight for public ground and permanent hang-on. I am not to interested in climbers, I like to be able to pick trees based on location and not if they are straight or not.

If you could create the perfect stand, what would it be like? Thanks in advance.
I hunt where I put up and take down a stand every hunt. So lightweight and usability is a must. I like Muddy Stands the most cuz the hanging system is so handy. But the lone wolf alpha and assault are very good too. They're my favorite 2 easily.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
I have about 15 stands. ..Lone wolf, muddy, millennium, older guerrilla and a couple off brands as well. The stand I like best far and away is Chippewa wedge lock. It's the easiest to set, packs well, great size to weight ratios, silent and comfortable. They set easier then any other stands I have very used.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I bought the Lone Wolf thick cushion for mine and it made a world of difference. The Milleniums are hard to beat for all day comfort though. For a climber I use a TreeWalker. Awesome freakin stand

I have two API Bowhunters, but I'm buying an XOP climber as soon as the newest ones are released. There's no shortage of usable trees around me.

milunchbox

Lil-Rokslider
I have about 15 stands. ..Lone wolf, muddy, millennium, older guerrilla and a couple off brands as well. The stand I like best far and away is Chippewa wedge lock. It's the easiest to set, packs well, great size to weight ratios, silent and comfortable. They set easier then any other stands I have very used.
The only problem i see with then Chippewa stands is the weight limit. 220# thats a little low for most people i would think.

Trial153

WKR
The only problem i see with then Chippewa stands is the weight limit. 220# thats a little low for most people i would think.

The original wedge lok and Brutus have a 400 pound limit.

The smaller ones are 220 correct...however speaking from experience it's a non issue.

Jdog

WKR
Milleniums all the way...like mentioned earlier...one of the most comfortable on the market...i can sit long times in them.