Best Tree stand safety harness

DuckDogDr

WKR
Which ones do y’all use / recommend ?
Getting back into chasing whitetail like I used to . Out of touch with the latest and greatest Tree stand safety harness isn’t an area I want to compromise ( I am predisposed to falling asleep when I get still)

Was looking through Cabelas website and the HAWK elevate pro safety Harness had good reviews.
I am a little worried with Cabelas quality since the Bass Pro merger. Obviously willing to shop outside of them

Ac338

WKR
If I’m not in the saddle I like the muddy magnum elite. I like the quick release leg buckles, takes 5 seconds to put on and doesn’t bother me wearing it in with the hang on on my back

Ac338

WKR
Also I’d recommend a linesman belt and a tether especially if you hang and hunt. Just ditch the carabiners that come with them if they’re the cheap heavy bulky ones. I go with the black Diamond miniwire for the linesman and a BD screw gate for my tether

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
I am a fan of the Summit Pro harness.

https://www.summitstands.com/summit-men-s-pro-safety-harness

Very comfortable, adjusts pretty quickly, and I prefer the cobra buckle style attachments on the waist belt and legs. I also like the MOLLE on the waist, I hook my climbing sticks onto the loops using the Night Ize gear ties as I climb and also have a pouch attached for stowing my lineman’s belt and tree tether (I use a rope-style tree tether instead of the seat belt material with a cam buckle or similar).

My only complaint is the positioning of the triglides on the legs, the first time I tried it on they tended to clink together. I stealth strip everything metal anyways, but to me it seems like a design flaw.

Yoder

WKR
If you're using climbing sticks, you'll need a linemans belt. I highly recommend using a ropeman ascender. They make life so much easier when adjusting the belt tension climbing. I actually use 2 so II never have to disconnect from the tree getting into my stand.

AH64guy

FNG
Hunter Safety - if you like pockets and wider straps on your harness, plus they have a loop at the tail bone where you can attach a drag strap. Most of their harness to tree straps are solid sown - I prefer a bit of give in mine.

I’m using a Muddy Ambush - light and minimal, bungee shock cords in the strap for the “give”, and quick release leg buckles. Suspension strap in built into the waist belt with a pocket tube that is easy to reach if I need it.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I ditched the full body harness several years ago. I use a BD rock climbing harness. You can buy an ascender, but definitely not need it. You can put the tail wnd of your rope through your biner and accomplish the same thing.

Btaylor

WKR
If you're using climbing sticks, you'll need a linemans belt. I highly recommend using a ropeman ascender. They make life so much easier when adjusting the belt tension climbing. I actually use 2 so II never have to disconnect from the tree getting into my stand.
There are several self tending hitches that will work if you dont want the extra metal of the ropeman.

Zdub02

WKR
I have really enjoyed a few models that hunter safety system offers. I currently wear the flex model I believe. Seems comparable to the current ultralight. It's not a full vest version which works for early and late season hunts.

hunt with a saddle mostly but also have the ultralight Hunter Safety System model. I like it a great deal. Have the vest type as well, but just more fabric to hold onto sent. Use it for hanging stands, etc in the past. Generally use my saddle all of the time. Have a Tethrd Mantis.

I second the Summit recommendation above. Very simple, easy on/off, and works great.

I also bought a Treestand Wingman descender this year and really like the extra safety it provides as well.

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
Hunter Safety Systems Shadow - that's their minimalist, ultralight one. Liked it so much I bought a second. Most of the season I layer over the harness, except the very early season.

DroptineDC18

Lil-Rokslider
I’m ready to make the switch to a rock climbing harness, but get confused about what is exactly needed to stay connected from the ground up to the platform. Is it just a climbing rope? Or would a lineman’s rope be needed as well?

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’m ready to make the switch to a rock climbing harness, but get confused about what is exactly needed to stay connected from the ground up to the platform. Is it just a climbing rope? Or would a lineman’s rope be needed as well?

If it’s stands that you’re leaving up for awhile, you can use a lifeline that stays attached to the tree. You clip onto the lifeline before you leave the ground.