best tent recommendation with a wood stove

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
was wondering what are your recommendation and uses?

that will be to use on river or lake trip with a freighter canoe for 2 people the gear and a dog.

we have wood here in the yukon but it is not oak.

thank you.

slatty

WKR
I'm very happy with my seek outside cimarron as well as a SO Stove. For more comfort I would definitely go up in size, i'm thinking of picking up an 8P tipi from SO to use with the same large stove.

WMR

FNG
The SO 8 person is roomy and still light. We use one. It has stood some high winds. The footprint is big. If I had space, I might bring one of the smaller Arctic Ovens, but it won’t work for us. I’m intrigued by the SO Redcliff but I’d be giving up some space.

VernAK

WKR
I'm hunting just west of you for moose and caribou. I've used a Kifaru 12 man for 20 years and have recently replaced with a Seek Outside 12 man as it handles wind better. I also have a Kifaru Sawtooth. It's smaller but faster to erect. Collapsible stoves didn't work for me as hey leak too much air. I have a titanium 4 dog stove. Expensive bugger but it's worked well for 24 years.

Tipis have tp be large because the space near the edges is difficult to utilize.

I used my seek outside cimmaron lite (one entrance) for a river float hunt last year and it was perfect for two people. Not too much room to spare (both of us ~ 6'1"), but you're not stepping on each other. I use a winnerwell small stove with two extra sections of pipe to keep sparks away. I like the traditional pipe rather than the titanium roll up style, less finicky, but more weight.

WMR

FNG
I agree with Vern that a stove upgrade would be nice. I bought the SO package, and have the XL titanium stove in my 8 person tipi. It works, but setup is a little tedious and it’s not very airtight. A willow or alder fire is gone pretty quick.

I used a SO Redcliff with a SO stove. Worked great on our drop camp moose hunt in Alaska for 2 people. I did have 2 liners for it as well so we could utilize the interior all the way to the edges. Its been used on numerous other trips as well and has performed flawlessly.