Best sub 7 inch supressor for 300 win mag

There is one under 7" that pew science ranks higher than the Nomad-TI, that being the Liberty Anthem-S. No personal experience with it, but Jay had to re review it several times because he didn't believe it.

There is one under 7" that pew science ranks higher than the Nomad-TI, that being the Liberty Anthem-S. No personal experience with it, but Jay had to re review it several times because he didn't believe it.
Under 7", but it's also 16oz compared to the Nomad Ti's 10oz.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
People don’t want to hear this, however there is no TBAC cans (no matter how good) that I or anyone I’m around prefers.

CGS is making the best cans currently on the market.

I’ve always wondered what drove the fanboys to TBAC, I have shot with people who owned them and they seemed nice but I still didn’t quite get it. I ended up ordering an ultra 7 just to try myself and see if it was really that much better so I guess I have one (in jail) now. I’m m sure it will be good for my uses but I’m not expecting it to blow me away. I do wish I’d seen your posts about the chance stuff before ordering the TBAC.

I guess $100 cheaper costs 6oz.
I wonder if they would be able to keep that structure and suppression level with a titanium can to bring that weight down, even if it meant a $200-300 increase. Looks like suppressor innovation is happening fast right now.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I’ve always wondered what drove the fanboys to TBAC, I have shot with people who owned them and they seemed nice but I still didn’t quite get it. I ended up ordering an ultra 7 just to try myself and see if it was really that much better so I guess I have one (in jail) now. I’m m sure it will be good for my uses but I’m not expecting it to blow me away. I do wish I’d seen your posts about the chance stuff before ordering the TBAC.

They are very precise cans with pretty solid sound suppression. Ten years ago they were kind of alone in the precision can market. Now…. Cans are a lot better across the board. They are still an excellent can.

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
I have a TBAC Dominus and Ultra 9 and use it on a 300WM. Both tame down the recoil substantially and I can keep on target for follow up.

Samson7x

WKR
Ultra 7 for me. Great balance of length, weight, and suppression. No POI shift either.

ID_Matt

WKR
Having used the CGS and TBAC heavily, and used the Nomad Ti: the CGS is what I and everyone I’m around prefers. The first round is quiet, the tone is better, it’s light, it’s shorter, it’s very durable and has low back pressure if you ever want to put it on a semi auto.
Their website is not super informative. How do you mount your CGS? Are they direct thread or do you have to use that mount it looks like they send them with? Looks like that mount adds a bit of length.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Their website is not super informative. How do you mount your CGS? Are they direct thread or do you have to use that mount it looks like they send them with? Looks like that mount adds a bit of length.

I’ve used all of them. I prefer direct thread.

littlebigtine

Lil-Rokslider
i use a ultra 5 on my 7remmag and my 6.5 creed. id say its perfect for the creed but kinda wish i had a 7 for the magnum.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I’ve only used TBAC so I’m in the group that doesn’t know any better but I really like my Dominus. My wife shot a buck at 204 yards with my 7saum, she saw her impact on both shots. It was pretty fun as she was giving me the play by play as I was watching through the binos. I’m tossing around the idea of a 338 can right now and I’ll probably stick with TBAC based on my experience and their customer service.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve only used TBAC so I’m in the group that doesn’t know any better but I really like my Dominus. My wife shot a buck at 204 yards with my 7saum, she saw her impact on both shots. It was pretty fun as she was giving me the play by play as I was watching through the binos. I’m tossing around the idea of a 338 can right now and I’ll probably stick with TBAC based on my experience and their customer service.
I know they are good, I have one on order but I just wonder what you actually get, I mean it dosen't seem like they are using any new technology, formilodis even pointed out that ten year ago they were about as good as you could get but now there are better choices. The more I read, the ultra 7 seems pretty basic and average to slightly above average when compared to other offerings. It isn't the quietest, lightest or most innovative. There is lots of talk about repeatability but Ive taken my silencer off and dissaseembled it, put it back on the gun and shot it with zero change in POI. There was a guy here who had the same result with a cheap gemtech. Not to say TBAC isnt good, they are, I bought one but at this point, I'm not really convinced its the best and sort of wishing I could call and change my order. I'm sure I'll be happy with it but there just seems to be more innovation from other brands.

I know they are good, I have one on order but I just wonder what you actually get, I mean it dosen't seem like they are using any new technology, formilodis even pointed out that ten year ago they were about as good as you could get but now there are better choices.
With suppressors I feel like there are better choices between brands depending on what you want. I feel more like there are different options more than there are better choices, as a blanket statement. This is regarding comparisons between the top companies. Its like an ounce or 2 here, a 1/2" there, a certain mount, , a tone, or a decibel difference your ear wont be able to detect. Just my .02 as a newb to suppressors with my only experience with my Ultra 7.

z987k

WKR
For lightweight hunting supressor, I'm a big fan of the AB Raptor. Lighter, more db reduction and cheaper than anything else in that category.

etapia

Lil-Rokslider
I’m probably wrong but unless it’s a Sig it seems to be based on barrel OD. Having to worry about this makes me wonder if the Nomad Ti is a simpler option for direct thread.