Most efficient hunting Suppressor?

Been reading on Pew Science https://pewscience.com/rankings

These Enticer L get some of the best reviews for sound reduction on 308. https://diligentdefense.com/enticer-l-ti-1/?showHidden=true

However the first round shot pop is not stellar and in hunting situations that’s one of the most important factors.

I currently have a silencerco harvester 300 and it’s been awesome on my 6.5cm. However when I shot it on a 26” barrel 7mm mag it still has some ear ringing. A 270 win on a 22” had some slight ear ringing after a few shots.

So I’m looking for a more efficient suppressor that isn’t too heavy but suppresses much better than my harvester so I can shoot larger calibers with out needing ear pro all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I run a Nomad LT on a short barreled 300 Norma Mag AI and its incredible how quiet it is, I'm talking more comfortable than my 10/22 without plugs.
I shot my buck with it the other week and the doe he was tracking literally just looked around for a minute and kept eating, it was unbelievable.

That said the CGS Hyperion is thee quietest can on the market, and there's no drama..

Silencerco just recalled a bunch cans for welds too. Guess you should steer clear of them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Quite the opposite. The way SilencerCo handled their recall has bolstered my positive feelings about the company.

SilencerCo put out communications through seemingly every channel available, made it easy to check if a product was impacted, and provided clear steps to follow for the recall. I haven't read reports of failed SilencerCo products, so they seem to be relatively proactive here. If they take forever to repair suppressors and don't communicate with impacted customers during their wait, that would push me away from SilencerCo.

Now contrast that to what Dead Air has/hasn't done with their suppressor failures. Numerous publicly reported failed suppressors, no public communications, no recall, no way to tell if your suppressor is impacted, and no communication after a suppressor has been sent in for repair (because they're only taking them for inspection/repair after failure).

Totally missed my point.

I made it earlier but was apparently overlooked. In the large scheme of how many cans Dead Air has sold vs how many failures (as determined by whom) it’s likely in the .001%. But since it’s the internet it gets circulated around the world as doomsday.

All silencer companies will have products that fail.

I’m not defending how DA may or may not have handled the failures, but like all recalls I’m sure the company has a threshold that they feel serious enough to address on a large scale.

My other point is all these pop up suppressor companies that have come out on the last couple of years, I would not put faith in sticking around when the hype of suppressors fades out.

Silencerco doesn’t get much love but they are a long time manufacturer and I believe when the dust settles and all the fly by night suppressor manufacturers fold up and leave people hanging with a product with TRULY no support, SiCo will be here. DA remains to be seen but Mike Pappas is the designer of a lot of the SiCo cans that have stood the test of time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That's a lot of info, numbers and charts all jumbled together... trying to look at it and dumb it down it appears the TBAC dominus cb is about the best as far as noise reduction?

I wish they would have created a simplified rating scale and given it a numerical value grade.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
T
That's a lot of info, numbers and charts all jumbled together... trying to look at it and dumb it down it appears the TBAC dominus cb is about the best as far as noise reduction?

I wish they would have created a simplified rating scale and given it a numerical value grade.

I know they make good stuff and doubt you would go wrong by going with that can but I didn’t come to the same conclusion. I think there are a few better cans for suppression

I know they make good stuff and doubt you would go wrong by going with that can but I didn’t come to the same conclusion. I think there are a few better cans for suppression

Which ones are you looking at? I like options

TheHammer

WKR
I recently got some experience with a silencerco scythe-ti and was blown away with how light it is and how well it handled my wsm. Apparently that meant I needed to buy 2 that night. I would highly recommend them to anyone doing a weight or length conscience build. Shorter than my omega by 1/2”. Adding 3/16” more OAL compared to my tbac ultra 5, outperforms the ultra5, would have to measure db compared to a few of my other cans, but I’d bet it’s better than the nomad ti.

For pure suppression the TBAC Magnus and the OCL Hydrogen L are the best on the market. But when you bring in "efficiency" it becomes a lot harder to pinpoint what's the best because of length/weight considerations. Would be helpful to first establish desired length/weight before looking at options.

JGRaider

WKR
Good info. Looks like the YHM continues to perform well above it's price point. Great cans.

I bought an Ultra 7 and a Harvester Evo this year. First year hunting suppressed. They're both about equal as far as noise reduction. I can't really tell a first round pop. Especially hunting. I definitely want plugs while range shooting as the crack gets painful after several shots.
I know when I was shopping I really over focused on the reduction numbers. In the end it doesn't matter if you buy a good can.

gt3499a

FNG
One more recommendation for the tbac. For the hassle and $200, seems more worth it than the harvester

Weldor

WKR
I use the Harvester 30, it's a older can but great for hunting. Radial brake in front and made for hunting and precision slow fire.

OP
T
I use the Harvester 30, it's a older can but great for hunting. Radial brake in front and made for hunting and precision slow fire.

Same here, I’ve really enjoyed the harvester. I was on a new can kick for a while but I’ve decided to wait a few more years to see if they come out with something even lighter and better suppression than the scythe ti. Any maybe by then the stamp process will be easier lol

Last edited:

rcook10

WKR
Tough to beat a thunderbeast. I've had a first gen ultra 7 for several years and use it on everything from 223s to 280ais. It's a real sweetheart on my 16" 308 and the new ones are supposed to be a couple DB quieter and a couple oz lighter. They are also a great company and have given me examplary customer service with their free can cleaning and cheap barrel thereading.

TheHammer

WKR
What do you guys think of Banish 30? its versatile and fits up to 7 rem mag.
SC does not receive a lot of love here, for several reasons. It’s a middle of the road option. A lot of higher quality cans available for the money from better companies. I’d recommend an omega with flush caps 8 days a week and twice on Sunday over most other options. Tbac ultra 7 is a much better all around can as well. If price conscious the harvester evo, if weight/length conscious the scythe ti. Overall performance and best bang for your buck according to reviews on here the ab raptors are worth every penny.big all else fails the nomad ti is a solid choice as well, just not an sc product!