Best Sub $1k SFP Capped Turret Scope?

Hey everyone, I am getting a Kimber Mountain Ascent Caza in .270 Win and I want to see what is the best sub $1k scope that has capped turrets and is SFP.

Illumination is preferred as well as a <3x bottom zoom ratio.

I want something that is reliable and has decent eye relief.

Any ideas?

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
Check out that 6x S&B Klassic in classifieds too. I thought it was a cool scope but seek out the opposite of what you're interested in which is capped windage and big gnarly turret on top.

Kyguy

FNG
Nightforce SHV 3-10x42 ALL DAY LONG. It's bit heavy at 22 oz, but it's built like a tank, it's illuminated, and you can easily dial with it. Best choice I ever made for my .308. Other choices would be the Maven 2-10, which is only 12 oz but it needs more eye relief, in my opinion. The Trijicon Credo or the Huron are also good choices at around 15 oz. Not as easy to dial with those three, but it's definitely doable.

Macintosh

WKR
I've replaced my capped turret scopes with trijicon credo 3-9's. Glass is totally fine, scopes are excellent so far, eye relief isnt quite leupold, but its fine. I like the scope, would buy another in a heartbeat, and I especially like some of their dot reticles for a capped turret model. The one thing you will run into is the throw lever on that model isnt adjustable, it WILL prevent you from running the bolt on your rifle. I had to hacksaw the throw lever off for my wife's Kimber. It's easy, just be forewarned, it's a definite flaw. There is a detailed thread in the scope eval forum on this model. These can usually be had in the $550 range.

KenLee

WKR
I've replaced my capped turret scopes with trijicon credo 3-9's. Glass is totally fine, scopes are excellent so far, eye relief isnt quite leupold, but its fine. I like the scope, would buy another in a heartbeat, and I especially like some of their dot reticles for a capped turret model. The one thing you will run into is the throw lever on that model isnt adjustable, it WILL prevent you from running the bolt on your rifle. I had to hacksaw the throw lever off for my wife's Kimber. It's easy, just be forewarned, it's a definite flaw. There is a detailed thread in the scope eval forum on this model. These can usually be had in the $550 range.
Or use higher rings with a $700 Accupoint 2.5-10x56 which is still a little lighter than a 42mm SHV

Vaultman

WKR
the delta in a 3x vs a 4x is small enough for me that I almost always default to a low at 4x. That being said I almost always end up going with a Zeiss V4.