"Best" sleeping bag

bates

WKR
I realize this is extremely subjective

But I'm looking to buy once cry once

Things I'm looking for : left zip, long, ideally 2.5 lbs or less, around 15 deg

Bags I've looked at and considering. WM Badger, Marmot plasma,

Initially I lean wm bc of more fill, more room

Is the gore series from WM worth buying?

Any other suggestions.

Nemo model Sonic in both 15 and zero degree has vent baffles. Backpacker magazine did an comprehensive field test review, and stated, despite the manufactures rating, was a true 40 to 15 degree or zero degree bag respectively. I've been eyeballing the zero bag as the temperatures of my California hunts often varies greatly while on the same hunt. I'm not sure if it comes in a left had zipper, but you might give it some consideration.

OP
B

bates

WKR
Thanks guys

Never heard of the sonic but I will be reading up

As far as zipper doesn't have to be left but definitely not a center zip

I'm a side sleeper even on stomach some

OP
B

bates

WKR
Have you considered a quilt? Check out Enlightened Equipment Revelation, this will be my next purchase.

Yes I have looked at quilts and will be buying an EE Quilt but probably not until next year, I really want to buy a good quality bag first and be done then get a quilt.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Valandre makes a quality bag as well, along with MontBell. Definitely can't go wrong with a WM bag though. They're the Hilleberg of sleeping bags.

i love my marmot plasma 15 long. Ive spent nearly 100 nights in it so far in the backcountry. I got it back when it was the 900+ fill version.

They're numbers are true about it being 2lbs 2oz

rbljack

WKR
I did the buy once, cry once on a western mountaineer badger after reading many people recommend them on here. I don't like the confined area of a traditional mummy, so having the extra space that the badger has was WELL worth the $$$ . Love it.

I've used a W.M.Badger for a few years now and I'm very happy with it(with micro. fiber) Its the one piece of equip. that I never consider replacing
Tim

OP
B

bates

WKR
I've used a W.M.Badger for a few years now and I'm very happy with it(with micro. fiber) Its the one piece of equip. that I never consider replacing
Tim

Tim I agree buying good stuff up front is 100% worth it in the long run

So far

WM badger

Montbell spiral

Nemo sonic

I think I might be best just to order all 3 and compare