What Sleeping Bag?

luvsdux

FNG
Hey guys, new western mountain hunting and have no clue about bags. Looking to get a good sleeping bag. I'm in the buy once cry once camp. Anyways, I'm considering getting a 0° bag to use for all seasons. Looking at getting one I can use as a quilt for warmer nights. Any recommendations?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I have a Forte from Nemo. 20F/-7c. Good and compact and has a comfortable hood.

zacattack

WKR
Hey guys, new western mountain hunting and have no clue about bags. Looking to get a good sleeping bag. I'm in the buy once cry once camp. Anyways, I'm considering getting a 0° bag to use for all seasons. Looking at getting one I can use as a quilt for warmer nights. Any recommendations?

I don’t think you can go wrong with feathered friends or western mountaineering

mvv5137

FNG
I’ll put in another vote for feathered friends. I do a lot of winter mountaineering and have been comfortable in my 0 degree snowbunting down to negative 10.

Well…looks like the winner is WM for me. Will be ordering/crying this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The WM Terralite has been incredible for me, absolutely love it. I got it from hermits hut with free overfill. In September I sleep with it unzipped and partially open if needed. I'd consider myself a normal sleeper (temp wise) and it keeps me comfortable down to about 15-20°

I think a solid sleeping pad is critical first, and that quilts are the way to go. I’m looking at purchasing a new sleep system this year, and I think Im going to end up the the Katabatic Elite quilt or Enlightened Equipment quilt. I like their pad connection system a bit more than the Zenbivys

repins05

WKR
I think a solid sleeping pad is critical first, and that quilts are the way to go. I’m looking at purchasing a new sleep system this year, and I think Im going to end up the the Katabatic Elite quilt or Enlightened Equipment quilt. I like their pad connection system a bit more than the Zenbivys
I chewed the bubble gum and purchased a western mountaineering. Zero regrets. Was and still am using a marmot hydrogen. Great bag. Packs down to about nothing. Good warmer weather bag.

Own WM and FF. CAn't go wrong with either. Look for size comparison - FF tend to run tighter in the torso so if your a side sleeper that might be a consideration. My favorite bag is WM kodiak 0 degree- check out Hermits Hut free overstuff. I sleep cold and this the ticket.

zacattack

WKR

If you haven’t bought anything yet I’m selling my 0 degree feathered friends bag in the classifieds

Oakman

Lil-Rokslider
The name Cumulus came up multiple times in my search for sleeping bags ( I need 3, so WM or FF is out of my budget for now). Anyone has hands on experience or an advice regarding Cumulus?

Aerosith

FNG
Stone Glacier Chilkoot 0... Excellent sleeping bag!
Though I concur with the others on here you can't go wrong with Western Mountaineering or Feathered Friends.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The name Cumulus came up multiple times in my search for sleeping bags ( I need 3, so WM or FF is out of my budget for now). Anyone has hands on experience or an advice regarding Cumulus?
My next bag will be a Cumulus. They'll do custom work as well, better price than WM or FF.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Solitude

WKR
I have used a WM Alpinlite for over a decade, zero regrets and if I need to purchase another bag it will be a WM for sure. I have definitely slept in it well below 20 degrees. Made in the USA as well, which is important to me!!

I work I'd found this thread a couple weeks earlier. The hunt is almost here and the coins have been spent already. But next season, I'll be so much more ready.