Custom made sleeping bags?

Goldrums

FNG
Does anyone have experience with having a custom made sleeping bag?
I'm a big guy (6'4" 275). I don't mind hauling a little more weight, but I'm struggling to find a bag I can fit in. Ideally, I'd like a down-style bag with rectangle cut. I've tried the Nemo Disco XL. - Too small. I've tried the North Face One bag in XL/Wide. It was too small. This last year I tried a Marmot Trestles XL/XWide, but it is also too small. At this point, I'm considering haulling down blankets and skipping the bag. Either that, or I think I'm going to need a custom bag.
Looking for recommendations. TIA

OP
G

Goldrums

FNG
I should add that I'm looking for something reasonably lightweight that I can put in a backpack.

BBob

WKR
No advice on a bag but an El Coyote quilt. Email them and I’ll bet Brian responds quickly and they’ll make what you need.
@Carrot Farmer is a big guy and I believe Brian made him something custom to fit.

Feathered friends in Seattle makes high end down bags/products and may be able to accommodate you. Give them a call.

I just bought a used WM Terralite with the extension. I think that’s the biggest mummy bag they make. It “felt” about the same size as my Kifaru wide slick bag but I haven’t compared the actual dimensions of the two. WM may be able to make you a bigger extension than what mine is?

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
No advice on a bag but an El Coyote quilt. Email them and I’ll bet Brian responds quickly and they’ll make what you need.
@Carrot Farmer is a big guy and I believe Brian made him something custom to fit.

I was 6’1 & 325#, and had the same issue with wide bags barely being large enough… irregardless of differentiated cut, fought compressed down on my shoulders and developing cold spots.

I was curious if quilts were even an option… sent emails to El Coyote, WM and EE. Brian w/El Coyote was the only one to respond to my initial email. After walking me through the process and him asking a bunch of questions, he worked up a quote on an XX-wide x Long quilt, for an additional $40(?, been 4 yrs)

Couldn’t be happier, thank you El Coyote!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
You have a strict budget? Cumulus and PhD Designs will do custom sizes, with PhD being the more expensive of the two.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Welcome. I am 6’3” 250#. Somewhere between CrossFit and dadbod.

nemo disco was too slim in the shoulders
EE convert in XL long works
kifaru slick bag works

OP
G

Goldrums

FNG
You have a strict budget? Cumulus and PhD Designs will do custom sizes, with PhD being the more expensive of the two.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Not a strict budget. This is just what I was looking for. Thanks!