Best Rangefinding Binoculars?

ShaneC

FNG
I was trying to make this decision too and went with Vortex Fury 5000 AB

One of the biggest reasons is because of their warranty. I read too many reviews of other ones crapping out right after warranty or not working well in cold temps and customer service being non existent

If I’m combining optics and electronics, then I know something is eventually going to go wrong.

Vortex’s customer service and warranty just can’t be beat
How do you like the Fury? I am debating on which ones to buy, buy I do not need the ballistic option, just glassing and ranging. Mostly for bowhunting and tired of carrying binos and a rangefinder.

Leica Geovid R’s Is what I would be looking at for a “budget” range finding bino without ballistics.

LuvDog

FNG
How do you like the Fury? I am debating on which ones to buy, buy I do not need the ballistic option, just glassing and ranging. Mostly for bowhunting and tired of carrying binos and a rangefinder.

They fit my needs, but I didn't expect the best glass with these, They're better than my old monocular range finder since they have higher magnification. I use either a bigger spotter or I have a new set of Swaro Binos or glassing. So for my needs they are great.

I think if glass quality is really important, then it may make sense to look at some other options. Maybe the Leica's.

survivalistd

Lil-Rokslider
I'd choose the GPO 10x50 personally.
I have a pair of these and absolutely love them
b001ee027b2edd74641be9bce7f80348.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I just can’t pull trigger on RF binos yet. For professional guides or the very wealthy, they’re no-brainers, because I know they can make a difference. However, the affordable ones are optically lacking to the point that I believe it's a handicap compared to using quality binos.

The good ones that aren’t an optical handicap are so expensive that I can’t justify the purchase, especially when you factor the RF will crap out eventually.

The thought of being forced to use top-tier glass with a dead rangefinder because you can’t sell them but also can’t afford a new set makes me shudder….

JGRaider

WKR
I just can’t pull trigger on RF binos yet. For professional guides or the very wealthy, they’re no-brainers, because I know they can make a difference. However, the affordable ones are optically lacking to the point that I believe it's a handicap compared to using quality binos.

The good ones that aren’t an optical handicap are so expensive that I can’t justify the purchase, especially when you factor the RF will crap out eventually.

The thought of being forced to use top-tier glass with a dead rangefinder because you can’t sell them but also can’t afford a new set makes me shudder….
That's just not true at all. Of the "affordable" bino/rf's, the Fury AB will get you past legal shooting light no problem. They are much better optically than the Sig 3k IMO.

That's just not true at all. Of the "affordable" bino/rf's, the Fury AB will get you past legal shooting light no problem. They are much better optically than the Sig 3k IMO.
From what I understand they are Viper HD glass. I have a few pairs of Viper binos and they are just ok.

JGRaider

WKR
I have an SLC, SV, and Meostar HD, and hunt mule deer probably 60 days a year. Those are all better optically, but you won't see something through any of them that you won't see pretty darn good through the Fury's except for the last couple of minutes of legal shooting light. Had them side by side on tripod's many times. I greatly underestimated how good the Fury's were until I actually used them extensively in the field.

I have an SLC, SV, and Meostar HD, and hunt mule deer probably 60 days a year. Those are all better optically, but you won't see something through any of them that you won't see pretty darn good through the Fury's except for the last couple of minutes of legal shooting light. Had them side by side on tripod's many times. I greatly underestimated how good the Fury's were until I actually used
I mean - they are vipers with a rangefinding solution. Vipers are fine, but side by side with my Kowas, it wasn’t even close.

Those are all better optically, but you won't see something through any of them that you won't see pretty darn good through the Fury's except for the last couple of minutes of legal shooting light.
I stand corrected. Thank you for educating me. Not only will the Fury AB perform rangefinding duties, but they will also enable me to get home a few minutes earlier. That is so cool. I now understand the appeal.

ScottP76

FNG
I found a great deal on LRH Forum for a new pair of Leica Geovid Pro 10x42. I wanted RF Binos for NRL and eventual Western trips. Used them for my week of gator hunting lots of hours behind glass starting at water looking at gators. No vision issues or headaches that I would get from my Vortex’s.

JGRaider

WKR
I stand corrected. Thank you for educating me. Not only will the Fury AB perform rangefinding duties, but they will also enable me to get home a few minutes earlier. That is so cool. I now understand the appeal.
Use what you want, matters none to me. Probably won't matter what you use in your case, so get after it.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Leica Geovid R 10x42 Rangefinder Binocular is onb sale for only $1,199.99
Top features at a glance

Best optics in its class

• proven optical performance
Ease of use
  • simple and intuitive to operate
  • easy to program
Improved laser rangefinder
  • extremely precise and fast
  • max. range of 2,000+ yds/1,800 m
  • output of equivalent horizontal distance (EHR) up to 1,200 yds/ 1,100 m
Ergonomic design
  • comfortable to hold
  • intuitive position of operation elements
Size/weight
  • compact size
  • lightweight
Proven base
  • best optical quality
  • robust mechanics
  • reliable laser rangefinder
Less is more

Excellent optics (best-in-class)

• Reliable identification of even the smallest details in any situation
Simplified to the essentials
  • High-performance optical system, reliable distance measurement and programmable angle compensation (EHR)
Proven laser technology
  • Measurements up to 2,000 +yds. extremely precise and fast
Optimized ergonomics
  • Large operating elements and control buttons at an ergonomic position

GiantGreg

Lil-Rokslider
I have vortex fury, as a range finder is great , as a Bino they give me a headache pretty quickly .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried the burris? I am looking for something simple no need for applied ballistics just looking for decent glass and a rangefinder...

bigunit

Lil-Rokslider
I love my geovid r's. It was very important to me to have the ranging button on the left side since I'm a lefty and carry my bow in the right hand. Just personal preference for me but it makes a huge difference while ranging animals in close to minimize movement. Optically, I'm very happy with them.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Has anyone tried the burris? I am looking for something simple no need for applied ballistics just looking for decent glass and a rangefinder...
My buddy has the Burris and I tried them against my Meoptas range finding binos. Ranges were spot on, glass was more than usable but not as good as the Meopta. FOV favored the Meopta 8x50s significantly. Burris were lighter.