Best or Favorite Bow EVER

The Hoyt Faktor 30 was my all time favorite. I always had a lot of confidence in my shooting ability with that bow. Easy tune and felt great in hand. Spot Hogg Cameron Haines 7 deadly pins, QAD ultra and a Tightspot quiver. Wish I still had that one !

trailblazer75

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a LOT of bow and a minimum of 1 from all the big brands, I'll name a few:
Bowtech insanity, invasion, prodigy
Hoyt spyder turbo
Mathews z3, halon 32, triax, v3x33, vxr, phase 4 29
And a PSE I can't recall.

The best shooting, smoothest drawing bow I ever owned was that Mathews Z3. Killed loads of stuff with it too.

95huskers

FNG
This won't be a common one but the bow I shot the best out of everything I have was an inexpensive Diamond Marquis. I've had every flagship bow brand at one time or another. And they've all been enjoyable to shoot. But I don't think I have shot any as well as the Marquis for whatever reason.

syoungs

FNG
My favorite bow is an old Bear anarchy h/c. For some reason I just shoot it better then other bows ive tried. Ive shot lots of bows the past few years thinking I needed to upgrade, but none were an upgrade to me, especially when factoring in the cost of setting up a new bow.

ElGuapo

Lil-Rokslider
Mathew’s Switchback XT

The very first day I shot mine…two Robin Hoods. Alas being at 26.5” and most bows blowing it out in the speed category I upgraded but have never shot a hunting bow as accurately as that one.
Same! It wasn’t until I discovered Elite, that I found something comparable to me

My first love is the Mathews Switchback XT and secondly is the early Obsession Evolution.. I'm into the Primes now, but still have those two..

My 2009 rytera alien x has to be my favorite bow… I kept it for longer than any other bow (5yrs) and it’s a cool bow even by today’s standards.

I have owned 3, but my original, right after they were released was just a great bow (still is) killed a buck and bull with it each year I had it, and a couple big bear. I ran it over with my pickup, and it never missed a beat.

I gave that bow to my father in law, and he’s killed his first deer and elk with it, and is still his bow.

The last one I bought I gave to my sis in law about a year ago and she killed her first elk with it this past year.

My second one I gave to my brother, and he used it until last year, and he killed a bull with it every year he had it.

I might need to buy another and either keep it or factor in killing potential to the price 😉

Great hunting bows, really light but not fickle to shoot, tune easily enough, and just a fun bow to shoot.

I could see them causing injuries to many archers today though, I would expect widespread wrist damage, because they have a little post shot buzz and since dead in the hand is so emphasized today, I don’t know if most modern archery hunters could handle the recoil 😉 I have to pay attention to feel it, but it’s there.

Hoyt RX-1Ultra is mine. 35” ata, reasonable speed, quiet, feels very forgiving, and aims very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They sure didn’t get much love, but the standard and ultra are very high on my list of favorites, slightly favoring the ultra, but really close

nphunter

WKR
I shot a 2014 Carbon Spyder Turbo, it had the regular Z5 cam and was a #2. That bow was a great bow, ordered it with 65lbs limbs. I hunted with it for a few years and has a limb crack and so I replaced them with 75lbs limbs from hoyt. Shot it for a few years at 75lbs and ended up having the riser come apart and a limb crack. Hoyt sent me a brand new riser and limbs a couple years ago and instead of keeping it I sent it down the road and replaced it with an RX4.

I think that CST with 65lb limbs was about the perfect bow. 33” ATA, maxed out at my 28” draw length and was shooting well above IBO with a nice draw cycle.

I’ve killed a bull every year since I got the RX4 and it’s been a great bow, it’s just not as comfortable to shoot with the short ATA. I’m not a fan of any of the new bows, they are getting shorter and heavier. All the longer ATA bows all are for long draw guys now. I just bought my son a strothers moxie. I know strothers didn’t get much of a following but they made some pretty nice bows at the time.

My wife and boys shoot Strothers Hope’s which are light, fast and smooth bows. That badger cam they put on a lot of their bows is a pretty great cam.

I think the perfect bow for me would be a set of #2 Z5 cams on an original carbon matrix bow! It would be light, perfect length, smooth drawing and as fast or faster than most 35” bows of today.

Last edited:

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider
To be fair, I haven't tried a newer bow in some years so maybe (probably) is a better bow out there for me.

But my old trusty Bowtech Allegiance to this day just feels like an extension of me. Absolutely love it!!! Taken a pile of animals with it since I bought it new (including the Rosie in my avatar). Replaced cables/string 3 years ago and aside from that she's as good as day 1.