Best or Favorite Bow EVER

Towhee

FNG
I started with a Hoyt RX-1 and archery just never "clicked". I tried for 2 years and it was just embarrassing... arrows sprayed everywhere. I sold all my equipment.

My family gifted me a Bear Species a year later and I (begrudgingly) tried again. What a difference! I can hit the side of a barn after all. I love that bow. Shop sometimes gives me shit for doing such a "downgrade" but lol. Just fits.

rlsmith1

FNG
Still shooting the 80# Bowtech Insanity I bought brand new (and love it). I’m sure I’ll upgrade before too long now that manufacturers seem to be making 80# bows more available

PSE Mach 34
NDFB, what stabilizers do you run on your Mach 34. I recently bought one new and my Shrewd S2 vibrates like crazy, switched to Axcel antler ridge and its way better but im still not totally sold. Im going to run my bow as a 3D bow in the spring summer, and then swap over to a slimmed down stabilizer for the fall hunting seasons.

ndfb35

FNG
NDFB, what stabilizers do you run on your Mach 34. I recently bought one new and my Shrewd S2 vibrates like crazy, switched to Axcel antler ridge and its way better but im still not totally sold. Im going to run my bow as a 3D bow in the spring summer, and then swap over to a slimmed down stabilizer for the fall hunting seasons.
I use the Option Archery Quivalizer. It might not be the most beneficial for 3D but for hunting it's the best option in my opinion. My setup full of arrows is 5.4 lbs which is important to me and with the attributes of the 34 it still shoots very well.

I use the Option Archery Quivalizer. It might not be the most beneficial for 3D but for hunting it's the best option in my opinion. My setup full of arrows is 5.4 lbs which is important to me and with the attributes of the 34 it still shoots very well.
Yeah I've looked into that quiver for a hunting set up, but I think overall I want something more specific to 3D

Mish-pop

FNG
Elite Energy 35. Second bow I have owned and love the smooth draw and release. Haven't had much experience with other bows but no plans to switch anytime soon.

APA Suphan. Been shooting this for 15 years. Single cam with a 32'' axle length that is just a smooth shooting ,forgiving and quick bow for a guy with a 27'' draw length. Also does not hurt that I have killed a lot of animals with it.

Jon_G

WKR
I only got into bow hunting last year. I have shot a hoyt vtm, elite omnia, Matthews phase 4 and a hoyt RX7. I shot the vtm for about 2 months and thought it was great. The draw, to me, was just a tad bit smoother than the Matthews but to be completely honest my decision was made easier because I got the vtm at a great price. The difference was noticeable but I would have been happy with either.

A few months later I got a fairly new RX7 for a great price as well. Night and day difference between the vtm. I shot a ton in the winter and the carbon bow was never cold which is a huge plus if hunting in the old. The draw was smoother than any bow I had shot and it was so easy to hold at full draw. Not to mention it was lighter than the aluminum bow. I don't see myself spending a ton of money to get a new box any time soon. That thing is a beauty to shoot.

Attachments

• 20230611_115708.jpg
    20230611_115708.jpg
    664.8 KB · Views: 13
I have a Hoyt Faktor 30 that I shot for the longest time that was basically an extension of my body. I loved shooting that thing. I had a small splinter come off one of the limbs and I'm afraid to shoot it now.

Upgraded to a.V3X 33 and I'm starting to really love that bow. It's so smooth and packs a punch.

I can’t seem to get away from buying discounted Prime bows when new models are released. Just too good of a deal for a great bow.

nphunter

WKR
Update on my favorite bow of all time and my previous fav. was the 2014 Hoyt CST (Z5). I was a Hoyt guy for years, started shooting them back in 2009 and have owned a couple of different bows but always came back to Hoyt. I have been a carbon fan since they came out and have owned a couple of them. I have never been a PSE fan but over the past few years, I've been hearing great things about them. I started looking into them since the new Carbon Hoyts are getting slower and heavier.

The longer ATA of the Mach 34 caught my eye and after seeing all the different cam options I decided to pick one up. I went to the local PSE shop and shot all of their cams to see which cams I liked, I decided on the EM2 target cam. I was going to order a custom shop bow but it would have been over 2K and a long wait so I decided to build my own.

I got the bow built and it is absolutely awesome. I picked up a '23 Mach 34 in awesome condition and ordered all the parts to build the bow. It ended up shooting faster than my RX4 by about 5fps, with a 5" longer ATA and a 1" longer brace height, it draws smoother and weights way less. This bow absolutely drives tacs, I am shooting it better than I've shot a bow in a long time and it's not even broken in. Hitting the center of the target is easy with this bow, it holds on target extremely well and is very forgiving.

This bow is going to be hard to top.

Mach 34
EM2 Cam, (27.5" Max Draw Length)
34" ATA
6.7" BH
5.4lbs loaded
341 IBO

C57D56B6-9761-48A1-91B8-8803DF698E0E.jpeg

My first group at 80 this weekend with zero stabilizers after not shooting it in over two weeks.
73B0FF3E-A1A2-48F5-8CFC-36550112A9A2.jpeg