Best Mathews vs Hoyt overview.

bsnedeker

WKR
Nope, just accused and they are fighting it instead of rolling over. Can't remember if they have a trial date set or not, didn't look too closely into it, but there were news stories about the charges and their plea back in early November.
My problem isn't that they are fighting it, but how they are fighting it. They are not even trying to deny that they were poaching. Their entire argument so far has been that poaching isn't that big of a deal ("is like a speeding ticket") and the Lacey act is just the feds overstepping their bounds and turning it into a big deal. I find it pretty disgusting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SharpEnd

FNG
My problem isn't that they are fighting it, but how they are fighting it. They are not even trying to deny that they were poaching. Their entire argument so far has been that poaching isn't that big of a deal ("is like a speeding ticket") and the Lacey act is just the feds overstepping their bounds and turning it into a big deal. I find it pretty disgusting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Oh I wasn't defending them, just stating what they are doing. I'm not a fan, and am particularly not impressed by his "I'm so proud of myself" wife (her words, via IG post recently). They definitely are self-centered attention-seekers, with questionable business partners, it seems, that got them into this poaching trouble.

Last edited:
I started folloing Josh after hearing him on Kifarucast. I always considered Aron to be a good judge of character and enjoy listening to his guests. I think Josh is a bit goofy, but really don't see why people have a problem with him. I always find his videos fun and informative. I also really enjoy Chris Bee's, and Dudley's content.
I think a lot were originally annoyed by that stupid bear spearing video.

Reactions: Zac
OP
Z

Zac

WKR
Honestly the take away from this video is that simply shooting a bunch of different model bows 5 feet away at your bow shop shouldn't ultimately decide what bow is the best fit for someone.

Last edited:
Honestly the take away from this video is that simply shooting a bunch of different model bows 5 feet away at your bow shop shouldn't ultimately decide what bow is the best fit for someone.

Bingo!! And although I myself have an opinion of the fella. My opinion is mine and mine to keep to myself. Too many opinions floating around these days to keep up with haha. However I do appreciate his lengthy video and I took the time to watch all of it. He rambled on a little here and there and some of it seemed he was just regurgitating information I think he should have best left to someone who is qualified weather a pro shooter or qualified instructor.

Nonetheless he did make some great points and as you said above. It’s a great video to point out that a few shots as a bare bow in your local shop or taking specs,riser design,etc.. at face value may not provide you the best possible outcome of what brand or model is best for you.

Ironically I have both of those exact bows from his video as well. I can vouch I shoot the Hoyt much better than my Mathews and even at 28” draw torque tuning was kind of a waste of time with my VXR. Nonetheless I enjoy both of them, but real world shooting proved the Hoyt works best for me and my shooting style. Doesn’t take a dang thing away from Mathews, just not my beer on tap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Z

Zac

WKR
Bingo!! And although I myself have an opinion of the fella. My opinion is mine and mine to keep to myself. Too many opinions floating around these days to keep up with haha. However I do appreciate his lengthy video and I took the time to watch all of it. He rambled on a little here and there and some of it seemed he was just regurgitating information I think he should have best left to someone who is qualified weather a pro shooter or qualified instructor.

Nonetheless he did make some great points and as you said above. It’s a great video to point out that a few shots as a bare bow in your local shop or taking specs,riser design,etc.. at face value may not provide you the best possible outcome of what brand or model is best for you.

Ironically I have both of those exact bows from his video as well. I can vouch I shoot the Hoyt much better than my Mathews and even at 28” draw torque tuning was kind of a waste of time with my VXR. Nonetheless I enjoy both of them, but real world shooting proved the Hoyt works best for me and my shooting style. Doesn’t take a dang thing away from Mathews, just not my beer on tap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also had no luck torque tuning the VXR.

Cody_W

WKR
My VXR has been a laser beam and found it easy tuning. As mentioned above, everyone is going to feel differently based upon a personal opinion and familiarity towards something about the bow. The big box companies as well as other like APA are making fantastic bows. Get out and try some, and do your research on the things you want to have in a bow. You won’t pick wrong.

marktole

WKR
This and another comment someone made about familiarity playing in to your choice in bow rings true in my experience.

I had shot Hoyt for several years and was really comfortable with their bows, draw cycle, grip, back wall, etc. I got a VXR last year and initially HATED it. It felt really foreign. I shot it for a year and got used to it, and now shoot it great. Recently bought another Hoyt and now I am having the same issues with it as I did when I first got the Mathews. It feels weird coming back to Hoyt after getting used to the Mathews. Familiarity plays a big part in shooting a bow well, I think.