Best sight?

cck

FNG
I live in Idaho, but moving to the Midwest for school and want to bow hunt while I’m there. Picked up a Mathews V3X from a buddy and now looking for a new sight. What’s going to be my best bet for the Midwest as well as western hunts? I was looking at the Fast Eddie as well as a Tetra RYZ but open to anything.

wayoh22

WKR
They're all good, you can't go wrong nowadays. Just find a reputable shop to set it up correctly

dkime

WKR
I live in Idaho, but moving to the Midwest for school and want to bow hunt while I’m there. Picked up a Mathews V3X from a buddy and now looking for a new sight. What’s going to be my best bet for the Midwest as well as western hunts? I was looking at the Fast Eddie as well as a Tetra RYZ but open to anything.

I’ve lived and hunted all over this country and have shot the fast Eddie for god knows how long now. It has its obvious benefits if you’re hunting out west but it shines in the whitetail woods. The double pin is what I run and I leave it at 25/40 in the treestand. Two pins kill a deer from 0-45 without ranging. Build your 35yd “wire” when you get in a tree, kill anything inside it with the top pin and anything outside it with the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cck
Personally I like the SH Tommy for a hunting sight. It's not as light as the fast Eddie, but a little more durable and the gears aren't exposed. Hard mount, so not as heavy as the dovetailed Hogg Father.

But a lot of really good sights are available now. Pick one with the features you think are important. I go for 3rd axis adjustment and durability. Pin brightness hasn't been a big factor for me with a hunting sight, pins too bright and I have trouble seeing what I'm aiming at in low light, but if hunting out of blinds it can be a big factor.

I like that with a Tommy or a Hogg Father I can use the sight scale to produce a yard tape for the sight. Not a big deal, but just a matter of convenience for me. I don't think think there's many hunting sights that have a scale.

JK47

FNG
Depends on what you want/are comfortable with. I’m an old fashioned 5 pin guy. Spott Hogg Hunter has been a bulletproof, simple sight for me. It’s got all the adjustments u can ask for. Bright and has different rings so you can find the ring/peep combo that works for you.

Hnthrdr

WKR
SH fast Eddie 2 pin here, but I agree lots of good sights, pick one that suits your style or needs and go shoot

big44a4

WKR
Personally I like the SH Tommy for a hunting sight. It's not as light as the fast Eddie, but a little more durable and the gears aren't exposed. Hard mount, so not as heavy as the dovetailed Hogg Father.

But a lot of really good sights are available now. Pick one with the features you think are important. I go for 3rd axis adjustment and durability. Pin brightness hasn't been a big factor for me with a hunting sight, pins too bright and I have trouble seeing what I'm aiming at in low light, but if hunting out of blinds it can be a big factor.

I like that with a Tommy or a Hogg Father I can use the sight scale to produce a yard tape for the sight. Not a big deal, but just a matter of convenience for me. I don't think think there's many hunting sights that have a scale.

+1 here used a hogg father past 8 years. The scale makes it easy to find a tape and get it better than you can shoot. Wish more hunting sights had a scale. Would benefit a lot of people.

5 pin guy myself. In Midwest that’s all you should need and honestly a 3 pin would get you by. These days I’m shooting MBG Rush sights on both my bows.

Gone4Days

WKR
Fast Eddie XL 2 pin for me but if I were buying new, I would wait to grab the new Boonie sight from Spot Hogg. Should be available in late June.

Reactions: cck