Best glue for AAE hybrid vanes

What is my best bet for gluing AAE hybrid vanes to arrow wraps? I've always used blazers and superglue in the past but looking to try something different.

cuttingedge

Lil-Rokslider
AAE Primer pen and either AAE fastset or the more expensive version. Personally, I prefer the fastset as it is more of a gel.

The primer pen is money. I use with every type of plastic fletching.

The Maxx material requires the primer pen the hybrid does not I've had great luck with locktight impact glue

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

JD Jones

WKR
I don’t know how to grade best but in my experience this has been effective at keeping vanes on my arrow shaft:
Clean shaft>primer pen vane>loctite superglue>jig on shaft for 10-15 secs. Rinse repeat

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
If it requires the primer pen use it. You might find something that works but it’ll get brittle and strip vanes in a couple of months. If you use the primer and then their glue it’ll last forever. I have max stealth on arrows from 5 years and I can barely get them off with pliers and a razor.

Lytro

WKR
I've never had adhesion issues following AAE's wipe, primer, glue process with and without wraps. I wouldn't deviate from the process just to save a few dollars.

NYSKIER

WKR
I've never had adhesion issues following AAE's wipe, primer, glue process with and without wraps. I wouldn't deviate from the process just to save a few dollars.
I second Lytro. Never had an issue, no lost vanes. Instead of the primer I do comet bleach with a sponge>air dry>AAE MAX Bond and I'm good to go. Least favorite part of the whole process is making sure I've got my vanes the right distance from the back

SDeel

FNG
After using the pen on the fletching I use locktight gel glue. You can put a nice beed on it and hold really good for me

JBF92

FNG
There are a variety of glues that will work, but keeping your shaft and vane clean is mandatory. The right amount of glue and pressure also matter. Depending on what Jig you have, it can be easy to screw up.

Trial153

WKR
First off. Don’t use primer on hybrids.
Secondly use max bond and call it a day. You won’t have any issues

Reactions: Zac

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
Like guys are saying, don’t use primer pen on hybrids. I just got a new pack of hybrids and there was a piece of paper in there that said do not use primer pen on hybrid vanes.

Cwlauger

FNG
I have been struggling with getting good adhesion on AAE Max Stealth vanes. Got the AAE Primer pen and problem solved. The vanes are now super solid. Read somewhere else that with the AAE vanes the primer pen is a game changer. I’d have to agree. I clean vanes with alcohol, use the primer pen and a good gel super glue.