Best Credit Card Rewards 2.0

Ehlusive

FNG
We use a Disney card, my wife and daughter go 3 or 4 times a year. Pays most their trips. I don't recommend but keeps wife happy so I guess maybe I do recommend.

Slsnpsy

FNG
Capitol One venture here. Once Im at a point where i can travel more, ill be going down the Amex hole

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
Two cards here
Costco Citi Visa - Executive card costs $120/yr
Chase Southwest Visa - free

Costco card usually nets us around $1,500 in cash rewards per year
Usually get free companion pass plus A list on Southwest. Which will be nicer this year since both boys will be in college this fall and we can take more quick trips. Although I'm looking at getting a card for American Airlines because we are both preferring to fly AA now to avoid all the seat jockeying on Southwest, not to mention their scheduling debacles this past year...

Shraggs

WKR
I made a thread about this awhile back and never got around to making the change. There might be some new fish in the waters. Pretty sure I'm going to ditch the ole Cabela's card in favor of something more lucrative.

What offers the best rewards?

The idea of having a card to a store I like to shop at doesn't matter to me - I'd rather get $500 cash back that I can do whatever I want with than $385 to spend at Cabela's.

Thanks!

Idk, I don’t really look for that anymore.

I’m shopping for a new visa because that have disallowed me to buy from swfa, without reason. I’m beyond pissed with saga and used another card.

But I’m contacting and asking specifically if the are complying with federal (unconstitutional) rules to report firearms purchases to the government.

If I find one that’s the one I’ll use

I've thought about trying the credit card churning game, but it seems like more work than it's worth to me personally. If you have access to a LMCU (Lake Michigan Credit Union), they have a Max Rewards Visa that gives 3% cash back on gas, 2% on groceries, and 1% on everything else. It's also fee free, but I'm guessing you can't get it without a membership in the credit union. They also have a 3% APY checking account if you are interested in starting an account there...

MattB

WKR
Two cards here
Costco Citi Visa - Executive card costs $120/yr
Chase Southwest Visa - free

Costco card usually nets us around $1,500 in cash rewards per year
Usually get free companion pass plus A list on Southwest. Which will be nicer this year since both boys will be in college this fall and we can take more quick trips. Although I'm looking at getting a card for American Airlines because we are both preferring to fly AA now to avoid all the seat jockeying on Southwest, not to mention their scheduling debacles this past year...
Didn't AA have big scheduling glitches in both 2021 and 2022?

That crushes your credit.
Those who churn credit cards would have data points that show otherwise. Credit utilization on that credit hurts. Zero out each balance before the statement date (not due date), I'm over 800 with ease. Entire FICO system is a scam to me. Brand new mortgage, score goes down 90 pts, next months I'm up 110. Makes no sense.

Business credit cards are the best at 0% for 12-18 months, never report to personal credit. Again entire cottage industry to take advantage of this.

Never fell below 800. I had over 20 new cards in 3 years.
My experience is similar, mostly preserving 5/24.

/////
What alot of individuals fail to realize is companies like Amex only does 1 hard pull, every new account is then a soft pull.

Was thinking about picking up and Alaska Airlines card before a moose hunt I have this September, but I see they have upped the annual fee and have you always needed to spend $6,000 a year to get the companion fare discount??? View attachment 510087

To my understanding is that this spend requirement does not apply to existing cardholders per the 5 January 2023 user agreement I received. Otherwise there would be a mass cancellation of the card I suspect.

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
Not to get off topic but the restaurants where I live are charging a 3% credit card fee.. That negates any cash back I would have gotten on my card. I'm usually a big tipper but when they do that I have to make it up somewhere.
I put everything on my card. So I pay one bill at the end of the month..