Best Cheap Headlamp

treillw

WKR
Any suggestions on an inexpensive headlamp that is good? Is rechargeable better?

I want to buy three or four of them and stash them in various places, so I don't need to play the pack juggling game.

Thanks!

I bought a sofirn after seeing it recommended on the cheap gear thread and so far it's been decent. Rechargable, easy to change the brightness and easy to switch in and out of red. Time will tell if it's a winner but for sub $25 (from what I remember) it's awesome.

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for energizer. I had one for so long that the headband dry rotted, but the light was still going. Can't beat them for the price.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

TN2shot07

WKR
If I’m stashing them I don’t want to worry about making sure they stay charged, easier to keep batteries on hand.

The energizers are probably great for that

I use both rechargeable and battery powered versions. I keep the energizer headlamps stashed in bags, trucks, etc. They're just too economical in price not to have them nearby.

Agross

WKR
Sofirn. I bought a few and all have been great. I bought two of the one you linked , and two like that one but with a red light as well. Most other headlamps I’ve had the red light is way to dim. This one with the three settings of red it’s great. They were running a deal when I bought em direct from sofirn. Think I paid like 14-15 dollars apiece.

The camofire brand ones. 2 pack for 29.99. They come with a rechargeable battery or run on 3 AAA’s. 3 brightness settings and like 5 color settings. I bought them just to keep around the house, barn and shop because they’re cheap. They’re so damn good they’ve become my go to’s when hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCL

WKR
Energizer
Have them in pack, truck, and shop.
Given away many to friends and ranchers.

fmyth

WKR
Duracell 3 pack of headlamps for $30ish at Costco or 32 on Amazon. I buy a new 3 pack each year and stash 1 in the truck, one in my kill kit as a backup, and one in the top compartment of my pack to wear.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-09 at 7.11.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-09 at 7.11.43 AM.png
    863.4 KB · Views: 30
The 2 packs of energizer ones if my focus is cheap they have a pretty decent beam and briteness.
They do not have a lock or red for hunting though.

Campfire ones you have to take the battery's out, came on in my pack and was dead when I needed it.