Best 10x42 for 1K or less

JGRaider

WKR
Biggest problem for me with Conquest is the focus is super fast and it's easy to overrun sharp focus so you must go back and forth a bit. Also, the eyecups suck for me, had to get the extended versions from Ziess. I wound up selling them anyway.

I'd probably break my wrist getting my wallet out so fast to get these.....

Or just order Tract Torics, if I had to have new.

I was in the same boat 5 years ago and went with Trinovids - no complaints, great color contrast, really crisp clarity, and sufficient light gathering. Still running them and not really looking to replace (because I would want to swap to NL'S and don't want to spend that money).

If I was to do it over:
- Bino's get used constantly all year and take a serious beating: save for the vortex UHD and exploit the warranty or
-save for way longer and get the best swaro bino you can make happen financially

despite that: look through trinovids / Conquests / (check out the tracts probably) and be happy with some great options that will be in your price point. (other vortex don't compare - UHD only)

Leica Trinovid 10x42s come up in the classifieds periodically for $500-$700

SLC 10x42s come up regularly for $1100-$1300

If you can stretch for the SLCs it would be ideal

Sinistram

FNG
Or just order Tract Torics, if I had to have new.
1000% these. I did the comparisons a few years back and happily made my life choice for Tract binos. To this day, I haven't looked through anything else, Leica and Swaro included, that have convinced me to drop more money to upgrade. Are others maybe better? Yes. Are they three times the price better? Not on your life.

greenomics

Lil-Rokslider
I briefly owned Conquest HD, Trinovid, and Meostar B1 Plus last year. Kept the Meostars. Ergonomics of the Trinovid were fantastic, but had the worst image quality of the three for me.