Best 10x42 for 1K or less

OP
C

cdowns

FNG
I noticed that the Leupold Santiam bx-5 were on sale for about $700-$800 and the Zeiss Conquest HDs were around $600. What about the maven b1.2 at about 1k?
Thanks

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
Zeiss Conquest ($700-800 new) or used Vortex UHD'S or Swarovski SLC'S for around 1K. I am also a fan of the older Leica Trinovid BA/BN series, which are available for under 1K.

ssramage

FNG
I went through this last year. I actually bought the Razor HDs and the Zeiss Conquests to compare. I sent the Razors back within minutes of looking through the Zeiss binos and I've used Vortex binos (Vipers) for the last 10 years.

nobody

WKR
Another vote for the Leica Trinovid. If they had a 10x50 I’d own a pair right now. Best $1k 10x42 on the market. Their only downside is no threaded hole for a bino tripod adapter.

Maven B 1.2 hands down. 1K retail and can be found for much less used on this forum. Also look into their demo program which allows you to evaluate them and either send them back or keep them at a discount.

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
Nikon Monarch HGs. Matt Cashell did a review a few years back.

ghostrider272

Lil-Rokslider
There's a guy selling some Cabela's/Meopta 10x42 HDs in the Optics Classified. For his price you won't find a better set of binos. I picked up a similar pair a year ago and they can hang with my 8.5x42 ELs from Swarovski.

MtnW

WKR
Always lots of nice used Leica’s on the market. Many optics junkies who are always upgrading to the newest and advanced models. I participated trading , upgrading, and purchasing new spotting scopes and binoculars every other year for about fifteen years. Lots of hunters will be selling/trading for the new Swarovski 14’s. If you are patient you can get a high condition used set for about 50% below what retailers are selling new.

JGRaider

WKR
Lots of great choices in the $1000 range........Nikon MHG, Meostar HD, GPO HD, Maven B1, Conquest HD, Razor HD, Kowa Genesis. Ergonomics play a big role and can be different from one person to the next, so you have to try them out yourself. As far as "used" alpha's go....Swaro has been kicking everyone's asss for years, go straight to the SLC if you can spend a bit more.