Best 10 x 42s for $500 or under

sivart

WKR
Just cracked a lens on my Swaros. Too close to hunting season to get them repaired in time. Looking for a quick replacement and then have a back up once my swaros get fixed.

Get a pair of Meoptas. They’re the best value and not much behind Swaro... @gr8fuldoug will take great care of you. Btw sending you a pm in a little bit about a Rangefinder Doug.

Thanks

SIontheHunt

Lil-Rokslider
I like my vortex's a good bit and that warranty is not something to overlook. You can find viper hds for less than 5 bills

Just cracked a lens on my Swaros. Too close to hunting season to get them repaired in time. Looking for a quick replacement and then have a back up once my swaros get fixed.

Since no one has asked, I will. How did you crack a lens on your Swaros? I would like to know so I can hopefully prevent that from happening to me and mine.

ClearCreek

hewittja

FNG
I am pretty new to hunting but I picked up a set of Mavens that didn't break the bank and work well for me!

OP
S

sivart

WKR
Found a pair of used Vortex. I'm honestly not sure how i cracked the lens. They were due for new lenses anyway

djr715

FNG
I'd suggest the Meopta Meopro HD 10x42s. I bought a pair of the 8x42's back in May and think they're awesome.

A group of 3 friends and I compared them to a friend's Leupold BX4 10x42s, not exactly an apples to apples comparison, and the consensus was 3-1 in favor of the Meopta's over the BX4's.

I'm not sure how much this has to do with them being lower magnification (8x42s), but the first trip I used them on was a hog hunt back in May and was completely shocked at how bright they were. At 9:10 PM (51 minutes after sunset and no moon) I was still able to clearly ID deer at 100-150 yards away. They were so bright that I felt I'd legitimately be able to count points/field judge bucks at that range so long as they were out in the open and not in the brush.

They're kind of difficult to find on the site, but camerlandny has open box Meopta Meo Pro HD 10x42s for $429. Here's a link:

bear run

FNG
Meopro 8x42 are what I bought and I am very happy as my first real good bino purchase. When Meopta Optika line came out for about $300 with ED fluoride glass i picked up 10x42.
10x42 for hunting fields.