Best 10 x 42s for $500 or under

Team4LongGun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man-that sucks!

I picked up the BX-4’s and NOBODY could touch the price. Real happy with them-similar thread, hope it helps

Timber310

FNG
Based on my research as a new guy here, I would go with the Nikon HG’s. Hard to find anything negative about them. I am currently watching the Classifieds for a 10x42 set myself.

binoman

FNG
And if not those, then a pair of BX-4's and call it a day.
I like my bx-4s. Great glass for the price and barely any imperfections in the glass unless your really look hard. The one thing I have noticed is the colour is a bit on the greenish gray side almost making it less bright when compared to other binoculars in its class. Has anyone experienced this? I’m not sure if it’s just my pair or not but I did see this with a Tioga I had which is a step down but it had bad colour representation.

I like my bx-4s. Great glass for the price and barely any imperfections in the glass unless your really look hard. The one thing I have noticed is the colour is a bit on the greenish gray side almost making it less bright when compared to other binoculars in its class. Has anyone experienced this? I’m not sure if it’s just my pair or not but I did see this with a Tioga I had which is a step down but it had bad colour representation.
I've owned 2 pairs of BX-4 Pro Guides now, and they both had near-perfect image quality. I'm not sure what you're seeing, but I didn't see it. However everyone's eyes are unique.