Bend, OR to Fernie, BC

MattB

WKR
A buddy of mine are driving to SE British Columbia for a hunt and due to scheduling we basically have 2 days to do an 11 hour drive. Other than maybe Spokane, Couer d'Alene, and Sandpoint, are there any other places we should check out along the way? We will have a truck full of gear, so it may be tough to find a place to safely park for hikes and such, but hoping Roksliders can provide some ideas.

muddydogs

WKR
With a truck load of unsecured valuable gear I would just make it a one day haul. There's plenty of places to pull off and read a sign or check out an overlook but I wouldn't get to far away from the load of gear, just can't trust anyone anymore.

Wish my haul tomorrow was only 11 hours, going to push 14 hours from Depot Bay back to Ogden Ut.

OP
M

MattB

WKR
Likely Sept. 28 in the PM, will give you a call over the next few days.

Matt, likely too far out of your way but the rams on Wildhorse Island, Flathead Lake, outside of Kalispell, MT are something I always wanted to check out. Not sure of the logistics but believe you book a boat ride out to the island. WR bighorn came off there a couple yrs ago. A BC biologist showed me pictures from a photo trip she did out there...incredible to say the least.

Have fun in BC!