A memorable day

Today is my wedding anniversary. Most us have these but probably not under these conditions.

We got married in Spokane in the late afternoon as a small gathering. The park had a cute bridge we figured we could get married on. When we got there we discovered the bridge had been torn out from the week before. The pond was gone and thus so were the ducks. As we stood in amazement and wonder - the sprinklers turned on. We said our vows in front of a pickled judge in the parking lot and went to the reception.

Everyone was having a good time but at 10 pm we loaded up and drove to Montana for bow season. After a three hour drive we stopped to pick up the horse and load our gear. At the gate- in the dark- I was opening the gate and noted she had tears flowing and was sobbing. I asked what was wrong and was told between sobs that the horse was standing on her foot.

We got into camp about time for breakfast. I left her in camp, soaking her foot in a bucket of water while I walked to my tree stand.

The elk were not on my side of the valley so the next day we got on the horse and rode 5 miles to the other side. Near the limit of our ride we found a flock of 30 or so ruff grouse. She had a 22 and I had a shotgun. The agreement was she would shoot them out of the tree and I would shoot the ones that flew. In short order we had a limit of grouse and started back.

Half way back she said she was really hurting. I said "your foot? " and she replied "no ! My butt" Her underwear had a very narrow elastic band which rubbed her raw on her butt.

We finished a very painful trip and drove home with no elk. She was managing a store and found it difficult to sit or walk.

I was furlowed for the month (terms of employment) and spent the rest of the month hunting elk.

We have been married for 46 years and have learned to communicate, share ideas, work toward solutions and listen. You are just amazed it lasted this long.

LoggerDan

WKR
Outstanding! You sure are lucky. No, it ain’t luck, its smart! A good woman can’t be beat.

Loper

WKR
Happy anniversary! I don’t think my wife would do any of that with me, much less a few days after getting married.

Sniperbait1

FNG
Classified Approved
Congratulations on the 46 years! At our wedding the bakery forgot to make our cake so the brought a bunch of cupcakes and a fake cake for us to pretend to cut for the pictures.

AKDoc

WKR
...We have been married for 46 years and have learned to communicate, share ideas, work toward solutions and listen...
Congratulations on 46...and very well said, sir^^^^^.

We just celebrated our 45th anniversary...my college sweetheart and love of my life!