Beginner level experience with optics

IDVortex

WKR
Okay, my optics knowledge is a 150 dollar pair of nikon binos, and vortex rifle scopes. Today after researching and wanting to upgrade to a much better bino for glassing and general use I bought Maven B6 10x50s, with their bino to tri pod adapter. The question I have (they're closed atm) is, would their adapter work for any tripod head or what do I need to get for a head for a tripod? I'm now looking at tripods and such and trying to figure out what to buy.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Their adapter should be threaded with a 1/4-20 nut on the bottom. This allows you to screw the adapter plate for your tripod head to the bino mount.

The general components you'd need are:
  1. A tripod. Some tripods are sold as a standalone. Others include some sort of head, either integrated, or separate. It should be very clear whether a tripod comes with or without a head.
  2. Tripod Head - This may be included with your tripod, but can be purchased separately. Most are interchangeable, so if you don't like one style, you can try another style. Ball heads tend to be cheaper and lighter, but they allow your optics to move in any direction and take some finesse to control. Pan Heads or Fluid Heads offer a much more smooth movement in fixed planes, but tend to be heaver and more expensive.
  3. Adapter plate for your tripod head - This is what screws to your bino mount, spotting scope, camera, to attach the item to your tripod. Your tripod head should include at least one with it. The Arca-Swiss style plate is pretty universal, so as long as the tripod head is arca-swiss compatible, most plates should work.

OP
IDVortex

IDVortex

WKR
Their adapter should be threaded with a 1/4-20 nut on the bottom. This allows you to screw the adapter plate for your tripod head to the bino mount.

The general components you'd need are:
  1. A tripod. Some tripods are sold as a standalone. Others include some sort of head, either integrated, or separate. It should be very clear whether a tripod comes with or without a head.
  2. Tripod Head - This may be included with your tripod, but can be purchased separately. Most are interchangeable, so if you don't like one style, you can try another style. Ball heads tend to be cheaper and lighter, but they allow your optics to move in any direction and take some finesse to control. Pan Heads or Fluid Heads offer a much more smooth movement in fixed planes, but tend to be heaver and more expensive.
  3. Adapter plate for your tripod head - This is what screws to your bino mount, spotting scope, camera, to attach the item to your tripod. Your tripod head should include at least one with it. The Arca-Swiss style plate is pretty universal, so as long as the tripod head is arca-swiss compatible, most plates should work.
Thank you for giving a simple run down of this for a idiot! Much appreciated!!