BEDLAM in Cart and then.????

kowboy

FNG
WTH! Logged on and was waiting, came available at top of hour, purchased in seconds and went to cart and it was removed and said Sold out??????? Not cool Kifaru, not cool

Yeah, they didnt last long. Was able to grab one, but went right back to the product page after checkout and they were gone. My guess is theyll have another run ready pretty quick, maybe gauging interest before they went full production.

Frustrating no doubt
4e74948573839d20b245b9751594721b.jpg

Sold out in two minutes they said

Someone checked out with the last one before you did. Im sure its on an automated system with a set inventory. I highly doubt Aaron Snyder went online and removed it from your cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol....no, I didn't mean that.....good one though. Just thought, I have it in the cart, purchased other things and then....BAM! Seems the cart would hold it till you checked out.

Have you never purchased anything from Cabelas?
Even in the old days before Bass Pro ruined them, they were notorious for this. You could even buy the product and then days later it would magically disappear before shipping was confirmed.
Sucks for the consumer, but it is what it is.

If having the item in your cart held one in reserve for you, people could tie up inventory and never buy, while people who would buy it get told they are sold out. That would be a WTH, not what you described.
Agreed if you didn't purchase before closing the browser or logging out. Makes no sense if you put in your cart, shop for other items and then go to check out. What you are describing would be to purchase each product individually, check out, go back, add, check out etc etc. This shouldn't be this hard. This also would increase their merchant fees, which wouldn't be advantageous for them.

But again that brings up the point, are you shopping for 5 minutes or are you going to take 40 minutes with the browser open to mull over whether you want the items in question? Meanwhile, there may be some other guy/gal dead set on one that can't buy it because it's in your cart. I'd bet this is how 99% of online merchant sites work.

But again that brings up the point, are you shopping for 5 minutes or are you going to take 40 minutes with the browser open to mull over whether you want the items in question? Meanwhile, there may be some other guy/gal dead set on one that can't buy it because it's in your cart. I'd bet this is how 99% of online merchant sites work.
Don't disagree with this but it does make a frustrating experience. Especially when you get in, add and then....gone. I guess if they are willing to pay the merch fees each time, that's their gig. Sad part is I wonder how many people (like I did), dump the entire cart. Putting together a pack (bag, frame, pockets, couple shirts etc) and then the pack disappears scratches the whole point. I know, you can wait, I get that but it's the experience that matters imo only. Love Kifaru and have a bunch of their stuff. Just some constructive feedback.

Agreed if you didn't purchase before closing the browser or logging out. Makes no sense if you put in your cart, shop for other items and then go to check out. What you are describing would be to purchase each product individually, check out, go back, add, check out etc etc. This shouldn't be this hard. This also would increase their merchant fees, which wouldn't be advantageous for them.
This says it pretty well, though I would go further.
If they sold out in 2 minutes, the even taking 5 minutes, before not buying would create a situation were people would be told it is out of stock, only to have someone else see it as in stock a few minutes later.

Putting something in an online cart does not obligate the buyer and should not obligate the seller. Taking payment is the point at which the seller becomes obligated. It sounds like Kifaru did a good job of that.

The biggest disappointment to me is I opened this thread because I was hoping to find additional reasons not to like Kifaru (primarily because they have some fanboys that say pretty stupid stuff on here), instead I find myself in Kifaru's corner.

Back