Bass Pro Shop buys Sportsman’s Warehouse

I home someone at bass pro brings all these threads to a board meeting so all the guys at the top can see what the public really thinks of their crap....

I home someone at bass pro brings all these threads to a board meeting so all the guys at the top can see what the public really thinks of their crap....
This would be wise, if they were only selling to Roksliders. The hardcore mountain hunter is not their market. They seem to be doing just fine, unfortunately. I don’t agree with you, just you have to look at this from their business perspective. They are busy all the time and probably made record money this year. I don’t believe they will be marketing to a niche group anytime soon.

Fatcamp

WKR
This would be wise, if they were only selling to Roksliders. The hardcore mountain hunter is not their market. They seem to be doing just fine, unfortunately. I don’t agree with you, just you have to look at this from their business perspective. They are busy all the time and probably made record money this year. I don’t believe they will be marketing to a niche group anytime soon.

The world needs sunglasses and beef jerky, too.

I will say, the last few times we passed by they sure didn't seem busy. Heck, like mentioned above the dang website doesn't even work properly anymore.

The world needs sunglasses and beef jerky, too.

I will say, the last few times we passed by they sure didn't seem busy. Heck, like mentioned above the dang website doesn't even work properly anymore.
I bet not all locations are. Here in NW Arkansas, there are more hippy hikers and mountain bikers than anything. Our store is always busy but I believe it is because the people in this area are perfect customers.

I still go in for a few things every once and a while. Had to pick up some Blackpowder the other day and all Walmart carries is BH209 that I just can’t get to shoot right. The small local stores around here don’t carry much.

Fatcamp

WKR
I bet not all locations are. Here in NW Arkansas, there are more hippy hikers and mountain bikers than anything. Our store is always busy but I believe it is because the people in this area are perfect customers.

I still go in for a few things every once and a while. Had to pick up some Blackpowder the other day and all Walmart carries is BH209 that I just can’t get to shoot right. The small local stores around here don’t carry much.

How interesting. I visited Montgomery County in the early 90's, there were a few alternative folks then. Wonder how it is now.

Would love to fish Ouchita again.

A Niche group???
Slogan used to be - "The Worlds Foremost Outfitter"
It would be laughable to make that claim now!

This isn't an observation from just Rokslide, this is the consensus ALL over the internet and well voiced in the shooting and hunting groups I am in on Facebook, which are not niche groups. But I do agree with you that the target consumers for BP are probably the younger age groups and beginner sportsmen. I hope the acquisition of Sportsman's is to direct their sales to a more experienced consumer and they leave the store alone.

Cabela’s used to be the kirkland signature of hunting gear, but bass pro stuff is the pittsburgh car jack of hunting gear. Sportmans was decent for some things, and they had tikkas for a couple hundred cheaper than BP and without the ugly camo

psalm1715

FNG
I hate the lack of competition in the hunting industry. If all the chain store merge, hopefully that will mean more people shop at local stores

NB7

WKR
Something tells me the execs making these decisions could give a rat's ass about this. I envision a room full of Mr Shirleys (aka N.L. Christmas Vacation) who probably don't hunt, fish or even boat. OR even eat beef jerky.