Bass Pro Shop buys Sportsman’s Warehouse

lyingflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for pointing out all the positives about Scheels fellas. I didn’t realize their boot selection. I have one about an hour away, as opposed to the Cabelas that’s right in town.

JBradley500

Lil-Rokslider
Bass Pro can't even figure out how to get the Cabela's website to work properly yet they think they should add another business? Yikes.

def90

WKR
Bummed out about this, Sportsmans Warehouse is a great store.. and we have Scheels here in Co, don't shop there either, really just another version of Cabelas/Bass Pro.

JiminAZ

FNG
I fear that they will consolidate stores here in Phoenix. We have BP, Cabelas, and a couple of Sportsman's. Bet 1 or 2 of the locations ultimately get closed.

I’ve never been overly impressed by our local Sportsmans. However I don’t see this as an improvement.

Ugh honestly man? Bass Pro Shops said the same thing when they bought Cabela's. They then proceeded to ruin the store with their useless junk.
Horrible news.

phil1841

FNG
Not good for Sportsman's Warehouse. Wish we had a Scheels somewhere close by in the South. Lived outside Minneapolis for four years and travelled throughout much of Scheels' area. Great stores.

Our "local" SW is just outside Memphis which already has two Bass Pro Shop locations. Probably not a good sign.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
Dick’s sporting goods bought out and ruined a great hunting/fishing store here called Galyans. A SW opened up in Lafayette but went under a while ago. Now we have a Cabelas in Noblesville. But I still buy from a local shop in Greenwood, Outdoorsman’s. Good people there.

I worked at cabelas when BPS bought them out and noticed a huge decline in not only quality of product but of quality of service expected to customers and treatment of employees

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
Don't want to derail the thread but I've always been curious what the "do you want to round up your purchase for conservation" actually funds. Ive searched their websites in the past but never found anything. Anyone know? Conservation = cabelas?
A few years ago I was quizzing a Cabelas employee where these "conservation" nickels and dimes actually went. They didn't have any details on how the money was used but told me the info used to be readily available and Cabelas was open with this info. Then Cabelas started collecting more and more money to the point people started asking questions. Soon after the info became not so available. The employee thought you could possibly still get the info but had to contact corporate.