Barrel Chop Screwed Up Accuracy

kevlar88

Lil-Rokslider
Any update on your CZ’s accuracy? I’m curious. Years ago, I ordered a .17 Hornet 527 from CZ and asked them to cut and thread the barrel. They could never get it to shoot well after the chop either.
I was finally able to pick up some cfe223 locally to try a different powder. Unfortunately life is currently getting in the way and will probably not get to shoot again for another 3 weeks or so.

OP
longrange13

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
The gunsmith wouldn’t take ownership of it. Ended up taking forms advice and going through everything and checking it. Last thing I got to was re-torquing the barrel. I bought a barrel vise and action wrench and cranked it down. It was pretty loose turns out. I went to 120ft/lbs and now it shoots like it was before. Never using that smith again.
Did you ever get this figured out? We didn't get a conclusion to your post.

The Guide

WKR
The gunsmith wouldn’t take ownership of it. Ended up taking forms advice and going through everything and checking it. Last thing I got to was re-torquing the barrel. I bought a barrel vise and action wrench and cranked it down. It was pretty loose turns out. I went to 120ft/lbs and now it shoots like it was before. Never using that smith again.
Awesome! Glad you found your issue. Sucks that your issues came from the gunsmith.

Jay