Ballistic capable Range finder for color blind

So I got a sig 3k, it's almost impossible for me to read the readout in sunny conditions. I'm gonna see if I can return it again after sending it in once like a retard thinking it was broke bc the brightness wasn't bright haha

So anyway I'm in the market for a ballistic capable rangefinder with a bright display. I had a revic and I hated the size it was super bright though and I could actually read it. I tried the sig solely bc the size and my cheap kilo 1200 has been rock solid and I can read it.

Anyone got any input on models to look at?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

rlp10ml

FNG
I am in the same boat as you are. I posted this same question back a few months ago and really didn't get a lot of responses. One member suggested the GPO RangeTracker 1800.... https://gpo-usa.com/product/rangetracker-1800/

I never did buy one to try it out but it does have nice specs to it. I currently have the Sig Kilo 2200 BDX and it actually works good for my eyes. I really wanted a Leica but after looking through one I knew I would not be able to use it.

OP
mj23polaris
Talked to euro optic they said look at the new razor. I'll try to find one today to look through. Sig said I'm SOL on refund so I have a 3k for sale if anyone wants it

rlp10ml

FNG
Talked to euro optic they said look at the new razor. I'll try to find one today to look through. Sig said I'm SOL on refund so I have a 3k for sale if anyone wants it

I would be interested in your honest opinion on the Razor. Could you please post your thoughts if and when you get a chance? Thank you.

rlp10ml

FNG

mj ... Curious how you ever made out on a Rangefinder that worked for your colorblindness? I am still looking on my end for one that will work.

OP
mj23polaris
Currently using my older sig, will be getting a razor before October rifle hunts. My sig works great for archery. I looked through a razor on a bright day and had no problems seeing display.

OP
mj23polaris
Thank you.... The bright days is where I am having my trouble. I will check out the Razor.
Have you been able to look through a razor yet? Sorry for the delay I forgot about this thread. I ended up with one and it has been what I'm looking for. Sunny day I can see the display no problem.

rlp10ml

FNG
Have you been able to look through a razor yet? Sorry for the delay I forgot about this thread. I ended up with one and it has been what I'm looking for. Sunny day I can see the display no problem.

Hi,
Yes, my local Cabela's had the Razor and I checked it out but I honestly wasn't sold on it. I ended up speaking to Maven about their RF1 Rangefinder and after speaking to them about it and my colorblindness decided to give it a try. They, without hesitation said I could use it for 2 weeks and return it in new condition for a full refund If I didn't like it. Well, it is absolutely perfect for me. I've been using it since Oct. 1st and it is flawless. It has 5 brightness settings for the Reticles and I've yet needed to use it on #5. Thanks for asking, I'm glad we both found an RF that works for us. Take care and happy hunting! -- Rich