Need a new rangefinder

Thinking sig 5k or the 3k.

3k saves me some money and I can still upload a ballistic profile. Ranges on paper pretty far but I know that's not the real world. 3000 yards on reflective targets, 1800 yards on trees, 1500 yards on deer is for the 3k.

The 5k is Max reflective range: 5,000 yards, Range on trees: 2,500 yards, Range on deer: 2,000 yards and I can upload more rifle profiles.

Anyone have any input. I'd like to stay sig but I'm open to others. $500ish and less on price and be able to upload ballistics

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

gpo1956

Lil-Rokslider
I had the Kilo 5 for the last year and it was very good. I was able to range a house at 3400 yards under good conditions. I ranged cows, horses and deer out to 1600. It was fairly quick and easy to use. I would recommend it. I sold it to buy a 2800.com and am liking it very much also. I was able to buy an as new one off eBay for less than I could buy another Kilo 5.

I've been using the Vortex Razor 4000 for 3-4 years. My only complaint would be that the display is bright in low light and drowns out everything else although it does have surprisingly good glass. It's 7x so I just hold it up and use it like a monocular most of the time.

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 5K and it seems great so far. Not sure about the differences between the 3k and 5k. The ballistic solutions are accurate out to 800 for the 5k.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
As far as rangefinders there is Leica, and there is everything else out of a Chinese factory. Leica basically invented the tech and has always been the leader. The laser Divergence is what you want to pay attention to. 5k yards is no good if the beam is the size of a house by the time it gets there.

Whatever you get make sure you are happy with the warranty. Most companies warranty the electronics seperately, for a limited timeframe, some from the production date, not from the purchase date.

GotDraw?

WKR
You will get the best help/input if you inform people more about of your intended use case. Otherwise, you make everyone guess.

What weapons?
What ranges?
What game?
Where hunting?
What field conditions?
What are your expectations?
Do you need bluetooth?

Invest two minutes of your time to better defining your use-case so people can give your more precise answers. otherwise you are asking general questions with little specificity and you'll get a bunch of crap and spaghetti stuck to the wall for answers.

Otherwise, like it has been said, there is Leica, then everything else. I use a Leica, it is awesome. But that general answer may or may not help you.

JL

Elite

WKR
I've been using the Vortex Razor 4000 for 3-4 years. My only complaint would be that the display is bright in low light and drowns out everything else although it does have surprisingly good glass. It's 7x so I just hold it up and use it like a monocular most of the time.

Isn’t the display adjustable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite

WKR
I had the Kilo 5 for the last year and it was very good. I was able to range a house at 3400 yards under good conditions. I ranged cows, horses and deer out to 1600. It was fairly quick and easy to use. I would recommend it. I sold it to buy a 2800.com and am liking it very much also. I was able to buy an as new one off eBay for less than I could buy another Kilo 5.

How do you like your Leica? I tried out the 3200.com at a store and it seemed very slow to read out a display for yardage? Also tried a 2400 I believe it was and also was slow compared to vortex and other brands in stock. Any reasons why it would be that slow? Honestly was disappointed in them.

WMag338

WKR
Leica. Have a CRF 1000-R for archery and 2800.com for rifles. Cannot recommend them highly enough. Great units!

Tremain4414

WKR
Classified Approved
I have the 8k and zero complaints. Love being able to build profiles and that the rangefinder grabs atmospherics when shooting a range. Easy to interface with and reliably and quickly grabs ranges out past 2,000 which is as far as I’ve tried so far

gpo1956

Lil-Rokslider
How do you like your Leica? I tried out the 3200.com at a store and it seemed very slow to read out a display for yardage? Also tried a 2400 I believe it was and also was slow compared to vortex and other brands in stock. Any reasons why it would be that slow? Honestly was disappointed in them.

I love it. The glass is unparalleled. It’s very bright and extremely clear. I had the 1600 and the 2000 before the Kilo and all three of the Leicas have been very fast. Certainly as fast as the Kilo. Also its reticle is dead on as far as sighting on the target. And to top it off, the data out to 875 yards match my Applied Ballistics app perfectly. It’s definitely the best money I’ve spent so far on range finders.

Flyjunky

WKR
No one running the BR4? I just got one and this thread has me worried.
I think this discussion is centered around $500ish rangefinders. The BR4 is awesome, it’s the top choice in my mind. I have an sig and will be switching over to the br4 this year.