Backpacking belts to hold up your trousers

Barely know I have it on. I wear it everyday now. Most comfortable belt I ever worn by a wide margin.
Same here

Only belt that has been comfortable under a pack

Last edited:

Weldor

WKR
Stormrider is a great co. Super quality and reasonable. No buckle. Once you break it in , it very comfortable.

TaperPin

WKR
1” wide flat webbing and simple ladderloc buckle has always worked and is out of mind the whole trip.

nobody

WKR
Another vote for the arcade belt. Discovered them on accident about 2 years ago, and I’m glad I did.

TheGreek

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had good luck with the black ovis stretch belt, the chockstone. Price is right too.

Rjk300

FNG
I’ve been wearing Grip6 belts for a few years now and I think they are light, rugged, and never had one loosen up even packing elk out with my 10mm on my hip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sr80

WKR
I bought two different color Marsupial belts at the same time and have worn them for a couple years very frequently. Both slip really bad and I have to constantly tighten them back. Just my experience. Keep hearing great things about the Arcade so I might try one.
i tried a marsupial as well, found that it slipped too much, and had too much stretch

Butcher8

Lil-Rokslider
I had a pair of Railriders with nylon web belt that fit me strangely and kept being pulled down when I wore a pack. With many other brands and a nylon web belt (Ex Officio, OR, Arcteryx, Mtn HW, REI, etc), I have not had that problem.

I would say try clip on suspenders or try a different pair of trousers.

I’ve tried many and Arcade Belt is the best by far. It has really good balance of flex and tension while also being thin and soft. I haven’t found another belt that has all those qualities. Most are corse and cause pressure points/chaffing or they are soft but don’t have enough tension to be effective all day without adjusting.
I've got a couple. They are nice belts and very thin at the buckle. Not extraordinarily expensive either. I also run Prana's a lot of the time and they have a built in "belt"/Tightener that works well.

I've got a couple. They are nice belts and very thin at the buckle. Not extraordinarily expensive either. I also run Prana's a lot of the time and they have a built in "belt"/Tightener that works well.
I’ve had difficulty with the Prana’s staying tight. I’m not sure if the buckle slips are the pack, with heavy loads, just compresses my hips. That’s why I like having a belt with stretch.

I’ve had difficulty with the Prana’s staying tight. I’m not sure if the buckle slips are the pack, with heavy loads, just compresses my hips. That’s why I like having a belt with stretch.
Mine do as well, but doesn't' bother me too much. I just readjust when needed. That said, the Arcade belts are great!

strongarm

FNG
I've used one of two different style belts when in the field with my pack. As others have mentioned, the Marsupial Gear belt is good. It's best features are the ability to quickly undue and its slight bit of stretch. The other belt I used before getting the Marsupial belt—and still utilize—is a riggers belt I found at an army surplus store. It's not the style riggers belt with a giant cobra-style buckle in the front or more of a tool belt style riggers belt. It's got simple hardware and belt tension is held via a cam lock and the belt tag end fastens back on itself via Velcro. Honestly I sill prefer the hold of that riggers belt over the Marsupial one when packing heavy, either during approach or especially when packing out quarters. I have had the Marsupial one slip or come slightly unbuckled during those heavy load times with a lot of stress on the hips and vertical pressure. It is, however, more comfortable and convenient. Anything in those veins is better than some traditional belt with big buckles and doubled-up leather on the tag end under a pack waistbelt really cinched down. In any case, highly advise compatibility with all pants you may wear in the field. These style belts can be pretty wide, and one of my pairs of hunting pants I use for warmer weather hunts is a struggle to feed through some loops initially, but once in place it's a nonissue.