Baby its Cold Outside! What's your temp?

And the roller coaster of temps continues. Tonight the temp at the Anaconda exit was 41 at 5:15. On the far west side its freezing rain. Never a boring day in the winter.

We dropped 46 degrees yesterday. Went from 44 to -2. I don't know if I've ever seen the temp change so fast. I'm surprised we're all still alive. According to the news I thought for sure the end was near.
Have you been out at all? Maybe you were just the lucky one, and you can claim homestead over your whole town… start by renaming it yodertown or something

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was 8° when I headed to the woods today. Pretty cool for South Carolina. Birds were acting strange. I walked up within a couple of feet of some song birds and saw the first quail I've seen in years.

This was my house on Friday with a High of 58*. Three hours before high tide moved the cars to higher ground. 4 neighbors lost cars and we all got at the very least flooded basements. After the flood went away it dropped to below freezing by 5pm and Saturday was a high of 8* with a negative 30 windchill.
68825a07a76eecf7ece6c96cbbcd52ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After our 50 inches of snow in about 10 days, we got hit with Hurricane force winds that started on Friday. I think they peaked at 83 mph and gusted 50-60 through yesterday. Winds finally stopped and have a skid steer coming today. A plow and snow blower couldn't even move the snow it's packed so hard. We've been stuck at the house since Friday morning other than walking down to the road when my brother picked us up and hauled us to church Saturday evening.

The next 14 days are teens and twenties with sun. Going to be absolutely beautiful. Excited to be out with the family!

KurtR

WKR
30 here with sun and light winds outside with a hoody and feels good . Brother is in Buffalo and he was out of power wired in a generator for the inlaws. He went for a walk yesterday to re supply (get some beer) and people thought he was bat shit crazy out for a walk. It was like 20 degrees so he thought about zipping his coat up.