Average cost of a Moose hunt

IdahoElk

WKR
A Moose hunt is on my bucket list, What are you guys spending to do a Moose hunt? Please include Travel, Outfitter, game processing/shipping.

Can you do a Moose hunt for $10k?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My 2 Week 2024 AK Trip:

.Round trip flight from Phoenix to Anchorage: $495
.Checked rifle case: $75
.Rental TRD Off Road Tacoma: $2,700
.Hotel for first and last two nights: $650
.Processing and shipping meat: $1,200
.Processing and shipping skull: $750
.Purchasing food/cooler/supplies: $400
.Return checked rifle case: $75
.Fuel: $300

KHNC

WKR
There is a guy in Alberta doing a Shiras moose hunt for 5500.00. Wayne Zaft. I have not been able to find hardly any info on the hunt. A buddy of mine is there hunting now. I had a chance to take a cancellation spot and turned it down. No website and i know next to zero about Wayne. Other than he killed a giant whitetail a few years ago.

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
Door to door with a reputable outfitter would be very tough especially if you have to buy some additional gear. next year i'll be headed out on my 5th moose hunt, 4th in alaska. I did one in alberta and i've been able to keep them all just under 10K but the prices seem to have jumped a lot in the last 2-3 years. I was looking down the road a bit and thought of trying newfoundland because you could find them for 4-5K a couple years ago and now they are about a thousand a day or more. You can always find deals but I learned the hard on my first two trips. Next year I'm going with renfros and absolutely cannot wait!
just my 2 cents

CRJR45

WKR
Newfoundland , you can hunt just about anywhere for 10K and see a lot of moose . They're just not as big as Alaska's . Check out Roberts Outfitters FB page , they get some nice bulls . I just got back and it was fun .

cnelk

WKR
My 2 Week 2024 AK Trip:

Might want to add the $800 moose tag? ;)

Following. Would love to Moose Hunt at some point. Just don’t think I can afford an Alaskan one anytime soon.

AKBorn

WKR
My 2 Week 2024 AK Trip:

Guess you forgot to buy a nonres hunting license and a moose tag....

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
OP... While my trip was under $8,000.00 total, and I had an absolute blast and wouldn't change a thing, I won't ever hunt moose in that fashion again.

Travelling via road vehicle and then spike camping out was incredible for seeing the country and critters, and was exactly what I wanted to experience for my first moose hunt. However, it was an unbelievable amount of work after I got the moose down. My next trip will either be floating, being dropped via plane, or going out into the bush from my newly acquired Alaska cabin via side by side or moose buggy.

Having experienced it, killing a moose far away from your meat transport vessel location, especially when solo, is not the way.

Last edited:

Mojave

WKR
WTA has some hunts for $7500.

Moose in Yukon, NWT and Alaska is probably closer to $30,000.

Depends on what you are after.