Around town / everyday boots

Vandy321

WKR
As much as I love my more expensive hunting boots, I'm not a fan of wearing out my $300 boots for daily wear.

Thinking maybe some Asolo's again, or some Salomon 4Gs, neither of which work for me with a pack, but would be fine for daily wear.

What are you folks liking/wearing? Light hiker or more flexible mountain boot type ideas that you wouldn't mind wearing out around town.

Last edited:
  • Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
Check out the Asolo Fugitive GTX's!
Funny you mention them, I had a pair previously and wore them down to the heals. They don't work for me with a pack and the rubber is slicker than snot on wet rocks, but I did consider a pair for everyday use

Salomon 4g, keens or merrils are usually what I wear.the lens and Merrill’s are the cheaper of the bunch and seem to be pretty comfortable and wear well. The keens have a wide toe box if that matters to you, it does for me.

I’ve been wearing Inov-8 Roclite 345 GTX as a general daily wear, walking, and hiking boot; and used it alpine deer hunting and summer scouting, too. There is a very good review of them here on Rokslide by Ryan Avery: https://www.rokslide.com/inov-8-roclite-g-345-gtx-review/

While looking through for something for my wife for Christmas, I came across the thread from last month that asked a similar question. That gave me some ideas and I ended up ordering her a pair of Twisted X boots that she wore when we went hiking today. She really liked them. Here is the thread:

Last edited:

CTx7.3

FNG
I’ve had the Asolo fugitive gtx and the Salomon quest 4d. I like both but prefer the asolos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
I've used a few different Solomon's for daily use over the past few years and have had decent results. The wear and fit were good. Speed laces started to slip significantly on one pair. After a while, I didn't find the soles as comfortable as I would like and the waterproofing was less than acceptable - failed early on. I've moved on to Crispi's and Kenetrek's for daily wear, but am looking at trying the Inov-8's as mentioned above - should be lighter and less "robust" for daily use.

mmac

WKR
Blundstones..... Really comfortable, can do more than you think in them and great for around town. I have had various ones for 30+ years, australian work boots.

Blundstones..... Really comfortable, can do more than you think in them and great for around town. I have had various ones for 30+ years, australian work boots.
I just got a pair, they look nice and are good walking around boots.. but ive got a desk job and sitting in them for too long is torture. feet must swell and put pressure on the tops of my feet. Do you experience this? Whats the fix

OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
I'm really liking the idea of the crispi crossover. I would live in my brikdals everyday if they weren't so damned $$ to resole

NE Herd Bull

Lil-Rokslider
I have been wearing a pair of Kenetrek Safaris everyday at work and around town for 2 years now.
Unlike my Kenetrek hunting boots, I left the leather as delivered and did not oil them.
Replaced the laces at least once.
I would hate to guess how many miles I have on them.
They still look and feel damn good

mmac

WKR
I just got a pair, they look nice and are good walking around boots.. but ive got a desk job and sitting in them for too long is torture. feet must swell and put pressure on the tops of my feet. Do you experience this? Whats the fix
I have never had that happen. I think they come with the insoles out, you can use them without those and that might help.

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of the original Salewa Ultra Flex that I really enjoy. Most hiking boots rub a sore on my pinky toe but these boots have never caused any problems.

For something nicer around I love my Redwing Iron Rangers but they are $300+

OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
Went to order the Attiva Mid GTX today and they're all out of stock. Didn't even give the option to get on wait list for brown, hope it's not going away

OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
Anybody here own the crossover and attiva and can compare the two? Can they both pull daily duty but supportive enough for warm Sept archery?

I found reviews on the Attiva from Jordan but nothing on how these compare or why crispi made 2 different lightweight GTX hikers