Arken in the House

OP
J

JGRaider

WKR
Good to know Chris. I know you've messed around with lots of gear.

OP
J

JGRaider

WKR
I've never claimed to be a hardcore LR hunter, competition shooter, or hardcore dialer. I"m a hunter who loves accurate rifles, accurate scopes that track and hold zero, and great binos.

Anyway, took the Sako S20 6.5 PRC topped with the Arken EPL4 6-24x50 to a friend's place this past weekend to shoot steel out to 800 and whack some vermin. The S20 is stupid accurate with factory Norma 143gr match ammo, which is what I took since I haven't developed a load for it yet. Long story short, shot about 40 rounds from 100 yd zero out to 815 yards and every 100 yards in between, back and forth, numerous times, scoped performed to perfection. Glass is great too. Also spent time doing this.....

HogYote.jpg
Hog was directly facing me at 198 yards, so the 143gr gold tip match was placed right between his eyeballs. About 30 minutes later the 'yote came in sniffing around and actually got on top of the hog with his front legs, so he got whacked too. Too much fun......

You continue making personal attacks on me because I spoke about my experience with arken optics.

Let that sink in.
You didn't really speak about your experience with Arken. Which Arken product have you used and how did it not meet your standards?

FWIW, screw a Navy Seal who would help China build their next fleet of balloons.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You didn't really speak about your experience with Arken. Which Arken product have you used and how did it not meet your standards?

FWIW, screw a Navy Seal who would help China build their next fleet of balloons.
I did but deleted the post because the guy was being absolutely ridiculous and making personal attacks and insults.

Thanks for the review @JGRaider. I also find the EPL very interesting. Would also like to hear a bit more of what you thought of the optical quality in relation to other scopes you are familiar with.

On a negative note, one thing I find very disappointing about this company is despite all of their drum-pounding and attempts at patriotism appeal about the founder being a Navy Seal Sniper they offer exactly ZERO discounts to uniformed service members or veterans.

OP
J

JGRaider

WKR
I could not agree more Spiral Horn, something just wrong about that. The only other scopes handy to compare optically with the Arken was my LRHSi, and my buddy's VX5. I found it slightly superior to both of them, but it is admittedly nitpicking. I'll add to my "review" as I put more time in behind it.

At that price, why would they?..... the seal discount is good.
Just pointing out that it‘s quite hypocritical to so loudly beat the drum of the owner’s military service and offer no uniformed service member discount. That’s all.

Last edited:
Let this sink in......anyone who offers an opinion on a product they've never used, or even seen, or even knows anyone who's used one has no business being in the conversation.
Has the 1st amendment officially been repealed.

True, but someone telling another to "stfu" here on Rokslide, has no teeth, unless the person is a moderator.
Yes you can continue to talk in any thread you want even when no one is interested in your opinion. It just has nothing to do with any amendments to the U.S. constitution

JjamesIII

WKR
Wanted to try something new, and this is the newest from Arken, the EPL4, 30mm tube, 6-24x50. Think I'll throw it on a Sako S20 6.5 PRC and see what happens. It is VERY smooth, excellent glass, and very tactile turret movement. We shall see how it holds zero and tracks.View attachment 509342
So you’re stoked about a scope, show casing it on here before you’ve even mounted it? Calm down cowboy, shoot it for a while and take it through the paces before posting your endorsement for a product. “It’s pretty and new” doesn’t really hold much weight, does it actually work? Come back later and let us know after you’ve run it hard for a while.

So you’re stoked about a scope, show casing it on here before you’ve even mounted it? Calm down cowboy, shoot it for a while and take it through the paces before posting your endorsement for a product. “It’s pretty and new” doesn’t really hold much weight, does it actually work? Come back later and let us know after you’ve run it hard for a while.
While it was certainly easy to miss due to all of the unrelated commentary, he actually did present his initial range and hunting experiences/observations with this scope (post #42) which were quite positive; and he intimated that he would update his observations as he gets more time with it (#49).

There aren’t many field reviews of the ELP4 from a hunter’s perspective so I’m very curious as to how it performs (certain some others are too). Overall, initial reports on the Arkens have been been very positive with the biggest cons being optical quality and weight. The ELP series is supposed to address both of those issues. If they were successful and it tracks as previously reported then it will be a great offering for under $500. If it does, I’ll buy one. But if a dud, want to know that too.

OP
J

JGRaider

WKR
As Spiral noted, you must have skipped over post #42. I've made it easier for you.....

I've never claimed to be a hardcore LR hunter, competition shooter, or hardcore dialer. I"m a hunter who loves accurate rifles, accurate scopes that track and hold zero, and great binos.

Anyway, took the Sako S20 6.5 PRC topped with the Arken EPL4 6-24x50 to a friend's place this past weekend to shoot steel out to 800 and whack some vermin. The S20 is stupid accurate with factory Norma 143gr match ammo, which is what I took since I haven't developed a load for it yet. Long story short, shot about 40 rounds from 100 yd zero out to 815 yards and every 100 yards in between, back and forth, numerous times, scoped performed to perfection. Glass is great too. Also spent time doing this.....

View attachment 516017
Hog was directly facing me at 198 yards, so the 143gr gold tip match was placed right between his eyeballs. About 30 minutes later the 'yote came in sniffing around and actually got on top of the hog with his front legs, so he got whacked too. Too much fun......