Arcticshield booties

Bnut

FNG
Anyone tried arctic shield booties and can recommend them? Looking at possibly getting those or some electric socks.

Yes, would recommend them. Throw a handwarmer in each for extra warmth if desired. I think there is a fair amount of info on them on the forum if you search.

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
I use them and would recommend them. I put a hot hands on top of my toes on the outside of my boot and slip them on. They pack small too.

OctoberGold

Lil-Rokslider
They work pretty well. I use them with uninsulated boots and toe warmers. Using the smallest size that fits over the boots seems to work best for me.

*zap*

WKR
I also use mine for camp shoes over my happy booties or down booties..

Last edited:

BravoNovember

Lil-Rokslider
They work pretty well. I use them with uninsulated boots and toe warmers. Using the smallest size that fits over the boots seems to work best for me.
This is what I do. Works great for me in Wi. Awesome for still hunting and then sitting evening and not wanting to have to choose between bulky boots or get cold feet

Drewby

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. My feet get too sweaty hiking in heavy insulated boots. These plus some hand warmers thrown in keep my feet toasty. If your foot size is on the border of the size of the arctic shield, go up a size in the arctic shield bootie, makes your life easier

Johbran

Lil-Rokslider
Have them and love them for cold sits. Throw a hand warmer in them and my non insulated boots and my feet are warm all day.

hicountry1

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, and as has been suggested, use handwarmers

I tape them over the boot toe box, then artic shields over everything

Will definitely keep your feet warm

They are ok, pack e-z. The icebreakers are warmer but way bulky.

^This. Have both. Icebreakers are usually good without hand warmers, artic shield pack nicer but you'll want some good warmers in there to help.

madgrad02

WKR
I have a set of the IceBreakers - will agree that they are bulky, but I nest them inside one another and strap to my pack. Throw them on while in the saddle for those colder all-day sits or after hiking in and sitting on the ground gun hunting. My feet tend to sweat a lot regardless of socks or shoes worn - though have found just wearing my uninsulated boots with some wool socks and adding anti-perspirant to my feet help with some of the moisture, then throwing these on as soon as I am settled in with a handwarmer pack in the toe area works wonders... my feet are usually the first thing to get cold and it slowly migrates up to the knees and just gets miserable from there.

Attachments

• IceBreakers.jpg
    IceBreakers.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 33
Work great. I used them in Iowa during the late muzzleloader season this past January. My boots have 400 gram insulation. I slapped em on as soon as I got settled and my feet were never cold. Temps were highs in 30s, lows were below zero.

2muchhp

WKR
Yup, they work. Just don't let your feet get cold before you put them on. Put them on immediately, wipe off snow if applicable.

Last edited:

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
I had my neighbor put a little pouch in mine over the toes so the hand warmers stay in place.